INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on Oxine. I'm misting the sneezers in a pet carrier and leaving a few humidifiers on a few times a day ESPECIALLY while working in their area. We have our closed part of the coop at the end of a 60X40 shop so dusting has always been a part of cleaning (leaf blower with fans running outward) Yesterday the sneezing and wet bearded roo only had one sneeze vs back to back. I put the stuff in their waterers also minus the ACV

MUCH work left to do. Still have filled 11 bags of shavings and such with more to go. Misting as I go. What a time to pick the DLM :( After this incident we are spraying shoes, clothing, house, pets, you name it and I pray this never happens again. Hopefully will be done by tomorrow evening on the sanitizing the entire shop...............have to put all the birds in boxes in my car or house due to the colder weather while hubby helps me use the activated Oxine throughout the shop, outside on the coop and yes, around the path, over and through the snow on the little trail I made them to get through the drifts to find ground.lol. No chances.

I still don't know what caused all this I just know treating a few adult birds that were serious with tylan for a few days didn't seem to do as much as the day after I used the full oxine on all of them.

I'm wiped out and have not touched my house with the exception of 2 baby silkies born last night, soon to join the 3 other babies tucked safely away in the bator room...........all babies and eggs (I ordered) in the bator were washed pre setting and even have oxine in the bator water reservoir.

Oxine is my new best friend and am keeping it as part of my routine system for maintenance after this is all said and done. The birds don't mind the misting at all as long as it's not too cool. Their eyes look brighter and even a few of my flighty breeds have decided it doesn't do them any good to run, pets and treats may be better..........

Good morning Scott, Sonshine!
Glad to hear you got your birds cleared up Sonshine. Disinfecting everything is such a big job, don't envy the work. Been there, more than once unfortunately :(

Have a great day all!

Thank you Canada. I am learning snow can have many challenges. All my life has been a few small snowstorms and or ice storms over a couple months. The WARM and HOT weather:) Adjusting to a couple months of hot here has been quite an undertaking lol

Nice pics, Benny. I just love to see people's gardens, the wide diversity based on climate is mind boggling. The last pic, the silver plant? What do you call that one? It looks like what I'd call Artemesia in my neck of the woods. Also, Can you identify the fruit hanging from the tree that looks like an artichoke?

Nice pics, Benny.  I just love to see people's gardens, the wide diversity based on climate is mind boggling.  The last pic, the silver plant?  What do you call that one?  It looks like what I'd call Artemesia in my neck of the woods.  Also, Can you identify the fruit hanging from the tree that looks like an artichoke?  

You naild it! It is an Artemisia Artemisia arborescens we use it in a herb tea,( not wile in Pregnancy! ) it helps digestion. I also dry it in the shade and give it to the chicken with very hot paprika as an anti helmintic substanc.
The fruit is a very helty, and tasty fruit caled Annona you can read abaout it here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annona

Last edited:
Good morning Benny. How are things on your side of the world?

The weather is wonderful sun is shinning, the family is healthy thank God for that! The politicians are stupid, we have our daily terror attack and I see how your politicians is acting stupid! The usual things! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom