INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
frow.gif

@Sally Sunshine referring to post http://#31779, can you please give me direction for what I'm looking for with detached air cells, please? Papas all came beautifully packed and not a crack. The CT eggs came packed in paper with 5 broken...
1f614.png
REMINDER~ Never Set COLD eggs in the incubator.

@gotro17
Below image are Eggs in A Carton with Bottoms cut out for Ventilation

Below image of Turning damaged air cell Shipped Eggs, just lean to opposite side.

BELOW is a short video of an Rolling Detatched Air Cell

0.jpg

SHIPPED EGGS & Malpositions!
BELOW ARE "SADDLE" SHAPED AIR CELLS

SADDLE SHAPED AIR CELLS are very COMMON with shipped eggs!
Saddle shaped is when one or both sides have a large "dip" in the air cell. A lot of times with saddle shaped cells the chick doesn’t position correct for hatching and their feet can easily get stuck behind their head and “smoosh” the chick so they can’t move, it can also force the yolk sack and everything more north in the shell.... Keep a close eye on these eggs and its VERY important to pencil mark Air cells!

SHIPPED EGGS INFO:
REQUEST HOW YOU WANT YOUR eggs SHIPPED PEOPLE!!!! post #1050
COLD? REQUESTING HEAT PACKS discussion post #32219
SHIPPED EGGS = CHANGE OF PLANS! Hatching Eggs 101 & post #1087
Shipped Eggs = Change Of Plans! post #23032 & Hatching Eggs 101
SHIPPED EGGS DELAYED EGGS GETTING OLDlength of time en-route requires another change of plans! post #31779
SEVERELY Shipped and DAMAGED POLISH EGGS! post #30250
Quote:

Last edited:
I need help. This is my first hatch and the very first chick pipped and hatched itself in about an hour. Sac is not absorbed!foot seemed to be stuck in it for a bit. Now free but most of yolk seemed to have leaked away and almost seems to be innards and intestines out now. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom