INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, who thinks I should rename this the spaceship-bator?
lau.gif

watch out aliens are coming!

Quote: ok just checking in on you !!!

Good afternoon everyone!! i hope all is well
@caeti21
frow.gif
Whats happening?
I haven't posted in this thread today, its day 21 of my very first set of eggs! Well, my second :( on day 9-10 of my first the power went out for over 24 hours.

I think I messed up, the humidity is low. Can I add water now?
WELCOME @Onebroodymomma Of course you need humidity for hatch!

TIPS n TRICKS to raising humidity in incubators post #42512 Humidity pumps DIY ETC post #79960
also see if this stuff helps for next batch!! Let me know how things went!

A MUST READ***** INCUBATION QUESTIONS w/answers post #85688

Hatching Eggs 101 CLICK HERE

I added some quick, and one has pipped!! OMG it is going to happen
sweet!!!!

The rest of the minion post went on the Share a laugh thread but this one seemed more fitting here.

tru dat

Two of the three hatched keets in this incubator. 3 more to go.
fl.gif

awesome!!
Good afternoon y'all
hugs.gif

How's the day goin
@Chickenluver106 How are you? whats going on? Spring fun time?
Quote: Hi @Duckies Girls
frow.gif

Quote: HOLY ouchies!

I also wear a man's large glove. 2.4 oz triple
but a very pretty egg, had to hurt

Quote: sorry paddler, I am glad no one was hurt in the canoe, we lost a friend years ago on just a little creek here, flipped hit is head and was pulled under he was alone with his 10 year old son. so terribly sad. Made the community realize even a small creek isnt all fun and games. I can imagine the stuff on those big rivers etc you guys go on.

Anyone have turtles as pets
No, why you keeping a snapping turtle? you eating it? You need to get a different kind not? this is a wild snapper?

Hello everyone. . I have 3 incubators going hatching weekly. .mostly jersey giants and barred rocks.. how's everyone
@Rod-T glad to see you were back, sorry I missed yer posting.
frow.gif

Tip: if you keep a flashlight next to your incubator, tie it on so it doesn't grow legs!
LMAO!!

She SURVIVED!!!! She was by the coop when I got home
smile.png
I wonder if she was up in the cedar tree or the barn. Who cares. She lived!
Glad to read this dax!

Quote:

Do you show through an organization? I want the kids to get started but they're too young for 4-H
Checked out FFA?

Hi Whites! No, I always forget about them. Kids are 7 and 4. I feel pretty sure I was in 4-H younger than 4th grade, because I entered the fair more than once and I moved from that school right before 5th grade year. Of course it was a long time ago.
Hey! How's the camp going?
Going good! Getting revved up for summer.

Three broodies in the camp flock, I've been stalling giving them eggs. I'll do it tomorrow. Still waiting on that nanny goat to show signs of being bred. Most days I think it's just a food baby.
hmm.png
Garden is growing, but it'll be awhile before it produces anything because I started so late. C'est la vie.

NPIP guy comes out Wednesday. In laws arrive from Iowa on Friday. Driving to Houston on Saturday to pick up the international staff (one from Australia, one from Ireland). Then first kids get here Monday! It's a wild time of year.
wee.gif

So exciting today is wed!!! good luck @campingshaws report back please!! I say you worried needlessly like I did! lol

We we're always told who ever the chick sees first is its mama. Is this true?
I am not called momma chick too much no

Time for a topic change.......

The soccer ball now. Still stuck on the background, any ideas would be appreciated!
looking good sweets!!!

Barred Cochins. They seemed the best when we candled.

Golden and silver sebright but many silvers were empty.

Old English. SDW and FDW. But many of those looked half started. Still kept some in just incase. Cause we new.

And molten Java.

The 2nd Bater has silver sebright and barred Cochins
lovely breeds!

Quote:
They do get carried away, But when you need help post and ask or jump in anytime!

Good evening Banti and whites! And everyone else too!
Welcome audy! Occasional chicken talk here, but have a problem, and all the banter stops until help is provided.
Lots of regulars that have been here since the start of the thread, and have developed addictions to the banter, as well as hatching!

Speaking of which, whites, did you candle your eggs at all?
I did mine on day 14 (last night) and had 4 clear duck eggs, 8 developing nicely.
Also Mille fluer d'uccles- 12 of 12 headed for lock down Thursday.
Hi CC!!! did you ever replace your silkie roo? got pics of your critters lately? no excuses now no more snow!!!

Okey dokey, binbator has been running 100° for a bit now..... Don't have a hygrometer, but I know that with a little water it is at 25% so it should be good. Three thermometers, all at egg top level. Here we go!
fl.gif

-Banti
no hygro?

ok just checking in on you !!! @caeti21 :frow Whats happening? WELCOME @Onebroodymomma Of course you need humidity for hatch! [COLOR=008080]TIPS n TRICKS to raising humidity in incubators[/COLOR] post #42512 [COLOR=008080]Humidity pumps DIY ETC[/COLOR] post #79960 also see if this stuff helps for next batch!! Let me know how things went!
[COLOR=000000]A MUST READ***** [COLOR=FF0000]INCUBATION QUESTIONS w/answers[/COLOR][/COLOR] post #85688

Hatching Eggs 101 CLICK HERE

sweet!!!! tru dat awesome!! @Chickenluver106 How are you? whats going on? Spring fun time? Hi @Duckies Girls :frow HOLY ouchies! but a very pretty egg, had to hurt sorry paddler, I am glad no one was hurt in the canoe, we lost a friend years ago on just a little creek here, flipped hit is head and was pulled under he was alone with his 10 year old son. so terribly sad. Made the community realize even a small creek isnt all fun and games. I can imagine the stuff on those big rivers etc you guys go on. No, why you keeping a snapping turtle? you eating it? You need to get a different kind not? this is a wild snapper? @Rod-T glad to see you were back, sorry I missed yer posting. :frow LMAO!! Glad to read this dax! So exciting today is wed!!! good luck @campingshaws report back please!! I say you worried needlessly like I did! lol I am not called momma chick too much no looking good sweets!!! lovely breeds! They do get carried away, But when you need help post and ask or jump in anytime! Hi CC!!! did you ever replace your silkie roo? got pics of your critters lately? no excuses now no more snow!!! no hygro?
I don't have two hygros, my only one is with the shipped ones. If I run into trouble, I can always swap which bator has the hygro every few hours! -Banti

Last edited:
i just got a phone call from one of my chicken friends and she has silkies, polish, oeg, sultan, and cayuga babies for me
love.gif

and she gave me ideas for the pesky bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom