INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know why his wing is that way but those are sure some pretty babies. I love little white chicks.

I would love to ! I bet its getting so nice too! I want what Mike has the Nigerian dwarfs, I hope to get a female to milk and a wether to hang with her
That's exactly what I want. One day, one day...

Quote: Yeah, mine does as well - I ended up keeping it laying on its side on the ground by the coop - it does fine there. It doesn't leak so much that it empties itself. All the ways I tried to hang or carry it just leaked even more, including all over my pants leg, so I wouldn't try the holster unless you want to look like Matt Dillon with bladder control issues...
gig.gif

Sally, can you explain that food set up? I presume it's to keep it from being wasted, but I'm confused at how the chickies can get to it when they're little...

Quote: So sorry to hear this.
hugs.gif

Quote: CH, not only is Thing One adorable, you took an AWESOME photo looking at him from above!!! Neat perspective!
thumbsup.gif

I have a question on auto sexing.

I have a hen who is Dominique x white leghorn (roo was wl), and had her covered by a mixed unknown breed Roo. The chicks hatching are yellow, and other chicks are black with white head dots. Could they be auto sexing??? If so, which are hens and which are Roos?

Minor correction: I think you mean "sex linked" - which is when a cross or hybrid leads to the ability to sex chicks at hatch. "Auto sexing" is a characteristic of specific breeds (a small number of them), in which you can breed them true (no crosses) and still sex them at hatch. The distinction is that the babies of sex linked chicks aren't necessarily sexable at hatch (unless you do another specific hybrid cross).
Supper,frayed catfish,crawfish,frog legs,and white beans yum yum.
smile.png
Sounds delicious!!!!
droolin.gif

(I had a tunafish sandwich...
hmm.png
)
Quote: And you correct Chaos' grammar???!!!
th.gif

Imma come take your keyboard away, girl!
lol.png

OK, so has anyone else noticed that ducks are ALWAYS SMILING? Some of you may think it's cute, but doesn't it look just a little too sinister, like they know something we don't?! I've begun to wonder if they are all secretly plotting against the human race. I mean, look at what they did to poor Banti - they melted her brain!!!
ep.gif

- Ant Farm

Last edited:
[@=/u/162672/Sally-Sunshine]@Sally Sunshine[/@]I just feel like I post too many pictures sometimes. Not to mention until they get the mobile glitch fixed it is a major pitb

We always like seeing pics over here. They still haven't gotten that fixed for you? All the pics I posted this morning I posted from my mobile.
yeah i still cant post from my phone unless i switch to desktop mode and then it is so small. But imagine how much more i would post if it were easy...OMG.... lol

How do I know which eggs are whose and who is the father of the chicks before they hatch. I see all of the time people marking on them saying what breed they are, but I don't understand how they do it.

Hello everybody. .. how's hatching

Hi! You must be on the west coast?

That's exactly what I want. One day, one day...

Yeah, mine does as well - I ended up keeping it laying on its side on the ground by the coop - it does fine there. It doesn't leak so much that it empties itself. All the ways I tried to hang or carry it just leaked even more, including all over my pants leg, so I wouldn't try the holster unless you want to look like Matt Dillon with bladder control issues...:gig

Sally, can you explain that food set up? I presume it's to keep it from being wasted, but I'm confused at how the chickies can get to it when they're little...

So sorry to hear this. :hugs

CH, not only is Thing One adorable, you took an AWESOME photo looking at him from above!!! Neat perspective! :thumbsup

Minor correction: I think you mean "sex linked" - which is when a cross or hybrid leads to the ability to sex chicks at hatch. "Auto sexing" is a characteristic of specific breeds (a small number of them), in which you can breed them true (no crosses) and still sex them at hatch. The distinction is that the babies of sex linked chicks aren't necessarily sexable at hatch (unless you do another specific hybrid cross). 
Sounds delicious!!!! :drool

(I had a tunafish sandwich...:/ )
And you correct Chaos' grammar???!!! :th

Imma come take your keyboard away, girl!:lol:
 OK, so has anyone else noticed that ducks are ALWAYS SMILING? Some of you may think it's cute, but doesn't it look just a little too sinister, like they know something we don't?! I've begun to wonder if they are all secretly plotting against the human race. I mean, look at what they did to poor Banti - they melted her brain!!! :eek:

- Ant Farm 
Rofl!!

How do I know which eggs are whose and who is the father of the chicks before they hatch. I see all of the time people marking on them saying what breed they are, but I don't understand how they do it.

You have to get pretty personal with your girls, food coloring or lipstick in their vent, it will get on the egg so u can see which hen laid it. Or cameras, stalk them and watch n wait lol

Some pics of the second hatch 10 weeks old

some very good looking birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom