INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sally Sunshine

Yes rope is plenty warm. You should see older ones using it as well. Barn is cold at least for what chicks this age need. They go on and off it getting to food and water.
Not sure about broody. Last couple days on nest she was very tired. I suspect now after thinking about it she wasn't getting off for water.
hmm.png
bummer

Quote: Thats cool!! I love our ducks and gooserz!!

Last edited:
@BusyBearMama CONGRATS!! cute images!!! :fl Good Luck shipped eggs? @LocalYokel :lau lol not sure I will comment on that one paddler I wont use anything else, not one issue with them in all these years, and have yet... knock wood to replace any of the discs either. dang!!!! perhaps the coma was good enough for him to not feel those broken bones. I love blue cochin!! sweet girl! @fire370 show off my pool is green yet Peter what happened? are these your own or the ones you bought for breeders? whites!!!! you go !!!! congrats!!! CONGRATS!!! Such a great idea, and they do produce enough heat? CONGRATS!!! sorry she is a loner but she is a liver!! she is so cute!!! congrats @Phage @paulaspina got an update? good luck have you found this? https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links
[COLOR=000000]Navels, Umbilical, Yolk Sack and Abdomen Issues:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=008080]NAVELS She HATCHED! But what's with her butt?[/COLOR] post #25012 [COLOR=008080]Umbilical Gunk aka Strings [/COLOR]post #25012 [COLOR=FF0000]Help I have a BLEEDER! NAVEL looks like a Vagina? begin (this is gonna be a long one)[/COLOR] post #5159 [COLOR=FF0000]Yolk Sac problems:[/COLOR] [COLOR=008080]Duckling was high risk for yolk sac infection, dipped it's umbilicus in chlorhexidine and gave it Baytril.[/COLOR] post #35400 [COLOR=B22222]Chlorhexidine[/COLOR] post #35432 [COLOR=008080]MY CHICK has yolk hanging and is dragging in the bator HELP! begin[/COLOR] post #15672 [COLOR=008080]Mushy Chick Disease YOLK SACK INFECTION: [/COLOR] Mushy Chick Disease [COLOR=008080]THIS IS NOT PASTY BUTT its Umbilical[/COLOR] post #4077 [COLOR=008080]Look ok or not fully absorbed yolk?? Begin[/COLOR] post #4578 [COLOR=008080]Chick hatched with foot through yolk sack[/COLOR] post #68442

Wow that's a lot of information I didn't really look at it much. I don't even know where to start with something like that. So far five of them have hatched. One didn't make it out of the shell. And there are six or seven more one for sure I hear chirping.so I don't know if the wet yolk and mucousy shells will affect the chicks but so far all is well with the ones who have hatched. Thank you all.

Well three days of vacation has been fun, but today I have to work on my four three foot deep holes I have to dig in SW Missouri Rock. Yuck. I mentioned hating to get out my rock bar and they did not even know what that was, which I totally envied and wished I didn't live where it is a necessity.
hugs.gif

Wow that's a lot of information I didn't really look at it much. I don't even know where to start with something like that. So far five of them have hatched. One didn't make it out of the shell. And there are six or seven more one for sure I hear chirping.so I don't know if the wet yolk and mucousy shells will affect the chicks but so far all is well with the ones who have hatched. Thank you all.
fl.gif

Well three days of vacation has been fun, but today I have to work on my four three foot deep holes I have to dig in SW Missouri Rock. Yuck. I mentioned hating to get out my rock bar and they did not even know what that was, which I totally envied and wished I didn't live where it is a necessity.
I believe you mean what's known here as a digging iron; spade on one end, like an over-sized chisel, and a disc on the other for tamping dirt around fence posts?

You don't want to share?
She get's the offer to call because she hasn't heard my Barry White voice yet.
I don't want to share, no.
I can't remember your voice. I may need a refresher.

Thanks a long one but it's finished, I realy want to end this week!
One theoretical exam yesterday one practical laboratory tomorrow!
hugs.gif

O no!!
The metabolic syndrome ringing a bell? Diabetes type 2? Hige triglycerides? fatty liver? Cyrosis ?are ALL conectected to carbohydrates, grains and especially the Wonderful and tasty combination of fats and carbs! You ALL should reduce the grain consumption to the minimum! For your helth!
As you wish

Last edited:
O no!!
The metabolic syndrome ringing a bell? Diabetes type 2? Hige triglycerides? fatty liver? Cyrosis ?are ALL conectected to carbohydrates, grains and especially the Wonderful and tasty combination of fats and carbs! You ALL should reduce the grain consumption to the minimum! For your helth!

I have actually cut back on carbs. Not sure it's helping but I've lost 7# since Christmas. Fasting Blood sugar level is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom