INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: i bet, I had a coop full of eggeaters and they sure looked like great chickens nice shiny feathering and sexy chicken bods lol

Quote: Good Post!

Quote: Thanks!!

Quote: Something going on in Fremont right now.
http://patch.com/california/fremont/breaking-officer-involved-shooting-fremont

Bad day in CA.

-Kathy
oh sad sad day in CA

I'm back
Didn't even miss me, didya?
Hi whites, night whites sweet dreams young man!
Sleep tight, Kid

oh and happy goats! and I think I need a bigger baby pool lol @campingshaws
AAAAQAAAAAAACKKKKKKK!!!! BURD AND GOAT! BOOM SPLAT FIZZLE. MY HEAD HAS EXPLODED FROM CUTE.
Honestly, I had a lot of malpos in my hatches in the R-Com, but nothing EVER smelled bad, even holding to day 24 or so. So I'd start by addressing the bacterial thing first. I use distilled water (partly for the cleanliness, partly because our water is so hard it would damage the incubator), but if you don't have access to that, maybe boil it first? And maybe a super duper cleaning? 8 months???!!!! Your boys must be on doggie downers - mine are rarin' to go at about 12-14 weeks. (Do you mean Biels - do they mature that slow?) I live in fear of this - I'm allowed roosters, and I've put up with my fair share of night-barking dogs form neighbors, so it wouldn't be fair, and my neighbors like my chickens... but I still worry... I have a grow out pen of boys who are turning into a little kazoo chorus, too. I don't really get to grow out my boys for a long time before needing to choose who I keep... OK, gotta go do chicken chores. It's been a LOOOOONG day. Started with an early meeting, solid meetings all day, more tiring than a day of physical labor. I think I'm going to finish my chores, and then get into bed early after the chickens are up for the night... - Ant Farm
Okay. I am going to soak this bator in bleach solution for a few hours and try and get better water and find pennies.... Thanks!
I noticed you were gone!!!! :hugs Just knew you were busy and didn't want to bug ya'. I know you don't read back - so you missed where I asked if you could come to my house and build all my schtuff the RIGHT way... :lau I have homemade chocolate ice cream.... - Ant Farm
Chocolate ice cream??? :drool
Truck & trailer loaded down with green Maple. You're welcome to any or all of it you care to split.
Do we have to cut it all to exactly "6? :gig (Or 5 1/2.... Can't remember what you do) -Banti

Quote: Good Post!
Missed this - I have a Brinsea Octagon 20 and an R-Com 20. I have liked the Brinsea's control for incubation (don't forget to calibrate, though!), and the humidity pump is awesome. But it WAS hard to clean after hatch, and it was also super cramped to hatch in. I got malpos from my R-Com (Sally thinks some R-Com 20s are off kilter...), so, wanting to still get use out of it, I incubate in the Brinsea and hatch in the R-Com (great viewing area and access, too). R-Com is also SUPER easy to clean after a hatch (which is when things get really gross), in my experience.

(For whatever all that's worth...
hmm.png
)

Quote:
I am trying to control myself, but I think I have the goat version of Banti Disease. They are so CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!
love.gif

Re: 'bator cleaning - it certainly couldn't hurt. I don't know about soaking in bleach for hours, because many mechanical components will not stand up to that (as well as many other materials). When we have sensitive equipment in the hospital lab that must be cleaned with bleach, we soak/spray/cover with a 10% solution of bleach for about 10-15 minutes. Then we spray with 70% isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and wipe it all down carefully. That rinses off the bleach and through evaporation the alcohol carries any last little bit off.

Yes, ma'am, homemade chocolate ice cream. You see there was a sale on raw heavy cream at my supplier, and I had a lot of Valrhona chocolate cocoa powder from a bulk purchase a couple years ago. Then there were all these egg yolks available all the time....
cool.png

I have a freezer full of the stuff. I tried to put it into small portion containers, but it's proving hard to stay out of...

- Ant Farm

Last edited:
Missed this - I have a Brinsea Octagon 20 and an R-Com 20. I have liked the Brinsea's control for incubation (don't forget to calibrate, though!), and the humidity pump is awesome. But it WAS hard to clean after hatch, and it was also super cramped to hatch in. I got malpos from my R-Com (Sally thinks some R-Com 20s are off kilter...), so, wanting to still get use out of it, I incubate in the Brinsea and hatch in the R-Com (great viewing area and access, too). R-Com is also SUPER easy to clean after a hatch (which is when things get really gross), in my experience.

(For whatever all that's worth...:/ )

I am trying to control myself, but I think I have the goat version of Banti Disease. They are so CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!! :love

Re: 'bator cleaning - it certainly couldn't hurt. I don't know about soaking in bleach for hours, because many mechanical components will not stand up to that (as well as many other materials). When we have sensitive equipment in the hospital lab that must be cleaned with bleach, we soak/spray/cover with a 10% solution of bleach for about 10-15 minutes. Then we spray with 70% isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and wipe it all down carefully. That rinses off the bleach and through evaporation the alcohol carries any last little bit off. 

Yes, ma'am, homemade chocolate ice cream. You see there was a sale on raw heavy cream at my supplier, and I had a lot of Valrhona chocolate cocoa powder from a bulk purchase a couple years ago. There there were all these egg yolks available all the time.... :cool:  

I have a freezer full of the stuff. I tried to put it into small portion containers, but it's proving hard to stay out of... 

- Ant Farm 

:yesss: I'm contagious!!

Okay! Yeah, this is just the styrofoam part- no fragile stuff. It is a light solution. I have rubbing alcohol, I'll try that!

AAAAAGH!! you are making me want to pull out my icecream maker again..... Yer evil!
-Banti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom