INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!!! Welcome!
frow.gif

Y'all, this is my partner in crime burd.
yesss.gif
WOOHOO! $30 Don't sound bad.
LOL
Snowy and white, maybe? Ask @RavynFallen, she's the call duck queen.
Ditto!!
ya.gif

th.gif

Stop the torture!!!
Thanks! Yes, I might have tried to arrange several ducknappings with Banti and the other ducknappers ...
big_smile.png

I just candled my eggs, and I'm really confused. It is day 7 now, but all I'm seeing is a dark shadow on the top 3/4-1/2 part of the egg. I may have seen movement in one, but it also could have just been because I had just set it down. Please tell me they're not all dead embryos or infertile! Could it be too early/late to see blood vessels yet? I can't see inside my two blue eggs, but I'm guessing they're the same as the other eight. (Any ideas how to candle blue eggs?)
What's wrong with these eggs?!

Infertiles let enough light through that they could be used like lanterns... Pics would be helpful.

How many lumens is your candler?
Oh, I don't toss anything until day 14 unless they are very dead. I have had a few magically sprout veins by then!
-Banti

Last edited:
All right y'all.... Tired I am, and to bed I am going. I put the keets under the broodies and checked on them a few times, all seems to be going well. They clucked softly to them and settled down on them. :fl
-Banti

Infertiles let enough light through that they could be used like lanterns... Pics would be helpful.
OK, I'll get some tomorrow ASAP. By then I should have taught my camera how to take a good picture!
he.gif
I took some tonight, but they are sooo unhelpful and bad! I'll see if I can use a different camera. Here's the best pic I got tonight:

Might??? You were the main supporter of our mission!
lau.gif

-Banti
gig.gif
Can't we all be equally guilty?!
OK, OK, I confess! But I won't stop!

How many lumens is your candler?
Oh, I don't toss anything until day 14 unless they are very dead. I have had a few magically sprout veins by then!
Forgive my lack of intelligence (better know as, ummm .... dumbness
hide.gif
), but what are lumens?
OK, I won't get rid of the eggs until I know for sure. Is a black dot a good sign? One of them had a black dot.
Here's my homemade/makeshift/whatever-you-want-to-call-it candler:
the light itself

the light with a piece of cardboard with a hole for the egg to sit in (does this make sense?) and stuffed animals underneath (to make sure the eggs are safe just in case they fall! It's not that ridiculous, is it?
hide.gif
big_smile.png
)

So, is there hope for these eggs?

All right y'all.... Tired I am, and to bed I am going. I put the keets under the broodies and checked on them a few times, all seems to be going well. They clucked softly to them and settled down on them.
fl.gif

-Banti
Goodnight! I'm turning in now, too. Probably to dream that a giant rooster hatches out of one of the eggs or something ridiculous like that
roll.png

I took the egg out... Did a final candle just to make sure I didn't see anything and as I was turning it I felt a definite "thud" as I rolled it. Weird! Does that mean it was probably developing and died? I can't handle cracking it open to find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom