INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: I thought you'd talked Bubbles into building it for you
gig.gif

I thought you'd talked Bubbles into building it for you
gig.gif
i wish! she sent me wiring diagrams, so did chaos

but neither will actually do it for me
i think i actually asked chaos if i could mail him the pieces, and he'd mail it back completed, dont think i asked Banti,

do you want to build it for me
lol

i hope to start something to do with it this weekend

@BantyChooks, is there a special project that you're working on?

-Kathy

Yep!

Ok
Think about 850 posts in Hebrew.......

:th

I thought you'd talked Bubbles into building it for you  :gig

:lau
i wish! she sent me wiring diagrams, so did chaos

but neither will actually do it for me
i think i actually asked chaos if i could mail him the pieces, and he'd mail it back completed, dont think i asked Banti,

do you want to build it for me 
lol

i hope to start something to do with it this weekend

I'm working on doing a complete step by step drawing of the wiring for you, 1/2 done.

@MotorcycleChick @BantyChooks @mlm Mike .... Thanks for the advice! I checked out the broody thread, waited until she was off her nest and moved her the eggs to the nesting box on the ground... I kept putting her on until she realized it was her clutch. I must not have put enough shavings in because on hatch day she had crushed two eggs
1f614.png
. I scooped shavings out from her prior nest and she let me add them under her (someone should've had a camera on me- I was going between two broodies and over a puppy gate I erected as a pen... Not graceful and somewhat terrified.). We had to leave before I could see any live chicks...so sad. The good news is- we found an amazing new chicken sitter and she, along with @Jessimom (stopping by to check for me), sent us pictures of our three new babies. @Jessimom also just hatched 5 from my eggs and is attempting to add them under her too
1f601.png
. Sad that I'm on vacation and would rather be home!
1f425.png
1f423.png
1f414.png

love.gif

Well for some reason the quote didn't come up....but Sally asked if i had a pic of my grandson....
LOL he looks like he is gonna be your best bud this week!!!

Pardon me if I shock someone with a chicken-related question, but what's the recommended age to switch young birds over from chick starter to something like all flock?
Purina Poultry
July 14 at 8:04am ·
Q: When should I switch from a starter to a layer feed?

A: On our farm, we make the transition at week 18 or when the first egg arrives – whichever happens first.
At 18 weeks of age, most hens will be ready to start laying eggs (a few breeds may wait a few more weeks). Switching to a layer feed at 18 weeks prepares the body for egg production. If a hen hasn’t started laying, the higher calcium level may help jumpstart production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom