INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a rough week, first week of classes here at the University where I work and it's been a bear. But, it's Friday - so I think I can make it!
Hopefully you can
tongue.png
Hows the broody?

@DwayneNLiz , regarding the Corid dose... there literally hundreds of posts that contain dose misinformation, and that's because a post from many years ago was based on flawed math and science, then those amounts were repeated over and over until 8-26-2013 when I redid the math and research.

-Kathy

Morning all!

We let our two 9 week old babies out to free range with the big girls for the first time last night. The big girls ignored them for the most part, but they are SO spooky and crazy that they would flip out if anything moved near them. Took a bit, but my daughter finally caught them so we could put them back up. I think they are almost ready to join the flock. I was trying to hold out hope that the little Lavender Orpington is a hen, but I don't think I can remain in denial. I have known since 3 weeks old that the Olive Egger is a rooster (unfortunately, as I really wanted the olive eggs!); but was holding out hope on the Lavender...oh well! Here they are checking out the yard.

Smokey & Pokey
Very pretty birds

@DwayneNLiz , regarding the Corid dose... there are literally hundreds of posts that contain dose misinformation, and that's because a post from many years ago was based on flawed math and science, then those amounts were repeated over and over until 8-26-2013 when I redid the math and research.

-Kathy
I thank you for all of your hard work!
i started corrid last night and tonight i am cleaning the brooder and will check poops again sat morning

Quote: How right you are!

How's the FIL?
Thank for asking

Stabilized, unfortunately that is the best we can hope for. Is he at home? No, at the last 10 months he lived in Nursing Home, ( the mother is also not very helty ) because the family, even with an extra help, couldn't take care of him, he needs 24/7 observation so the best solution, in this condition, was this
Nursing Home which is a very new one, and there he could had the medical supervision of professionals doctors and nurses that he needed. It was a very difficult decision to do, but we didn't had any other option.
I understand. Mom died in a nursing home; Dad would have no part of one, & I didn't blame him a bit. Whenever we'd go to see Mom, the whole place smelled of urine, and her diaper needed changing.
sickbyc.gif

After 50 years of raising dogs, one of the last times she spoke was to tell Dad "Don't let them put me down".Dog owners the world over know that terminology.

Hopefully you can
tongue.png
Hows the broody?

She seems to be doing good...she continues to kick eggs out of nest, and steal the other eggs that the girls lay. I am going to block off the coop she is in this weekend so that she is undisturbed the remainder of her broodiness. I have 3 eggs in the incubator in the house just in case she has messed up the others by kicking them out of the nest so often. I plan to give those to her at lockdown, which is Wednesday! :D WOOHOO!

Very pretty birds

Thank you! I hope we can keep them. I love the look of the lavender orpingtons, they are so FLIGHTY right now, it's making me nervous for when they are adults.

Last edited:
Even Gail Damerow has incorrect Corid dosing info in her new book!

The 0.024% amount is 0.16 ounce (4.536 grams), and the amount of days she suggests is wrong.

-Kathy

Last edited:
She seems to be doing good...she continues to kick eggs out of nest, and steal the other eggs that the girls lay. I am going to block off the coop she is in this weekend so that she is undisturbed the remainder of her broodiness. I have 3 eggs in the incubator in the house just in case she has messed up the others by kicking them out of the nest so often. I plan to give those to her at lockdown, which is Wednesday! :D WOOHOO!

Glad to hear it. Hopefully you get a bunch of chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom