INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have fives of tens of chickens, goats, dog and cat, new puppy, and a baby terrapin I found in the yard, but he only wants a hamster.
barnie.gif

I wish he didn't look so rotten when he smiles.
love.gif
If he were an adult we'd say he "doesn't back down from a challenge" and call him "entrepreneurial" or "a natural leader." In pre-k he's just a bad kid.

That's his "I love you mommy" smile.

We have fives of tens of chickens, goats, dog and cat, new puppy, and a baby terrapin I found in the yard, but he only wants a hamster.
barnie.gif

I wish he didn't look so rotten when he smiles.
love.gif
If he were an adult we'd say he "doesn't back down from a challenge" and call him "entrepreneurial" or "a natural leader." In pre-k he's just a bad kid.

not a bad kid, just not used to the new surroundings, he's very cute, is there a way you can work him up to a hamster? i hate bribes but.....

The only thing he wants in life is a hamster.

What if you come up with a chart of some kind for his behavior at school. For every day he has a "good" day at school, he earns a certain amount towards his hamster. For every day that he gets marks at school, he loses an amount toward his hamster. Maybe he would be goal oriented and have that to look forward to?

We have fives of tens of chickens, goats, dog and cat, new puppy, and a baby terrapin I found in the yard, but he only wants a hamster. :barnie I wish he didn't look so rotten when he smiles. :love If he were an adult we'd say he "doesn't back down from a challenge" and call him "entrepreneurial" or "a natural leader." In pre-k he's just a bad kid.
not a bad kid, just not used to the new surroundings, he's very cute, is there a way you can work him up to a hamster? i hate bribes but.....
The only thing he wants in life is a hamster.
What if you come up with a chart of some kind for his behavior at school. For every day he has a "good" day at school, he earns a certain amount towards his hamster. For every day that he gets marks at school, he loses an amount toward his hamster. Maybe he would be goal oriented and have that to look forward to?
It's not a bribe if it works! :lol: no but really, I think that might have to be something we do. Literally nothing works. Time outs, losing toys/tv, extra chores, going to his room, sitting in the corner, spankings, whatever. We've tried it all. We've also tried only reinforcing positive behavior, earning treats/rewards, etc. I think the immediate gratification (a laugh from the class) outweighs the future reward (video game time for good behavior). We keep little treats on hand, like fruit snacks or whatever. So finish supper, and get this little treat. Except bubba. If it's something he doesn't like, he won't eat it. He won't fuss, he's an expert at the silent protest. And then he'll quietly fix himself a sandwich. It's super frustrating, and super impressive.

So you DO understand me, I never could understand how stupidity growth exponentially as the rank of the guv official is higher!
So true. That and this infernal problem we have here with not wanting to face facts or hurt someone's feelings. :duc :barnie :he

Telling the truth is not hurting someone! You have invented this BS thing called "Politically correct " and because of that alot of you don't know nothing about the other individuals! You can tell almost anything to another person, as long as you are saing that with calme Without any fowl language and with respecting that individual dignity!

Our feed store doesn't let anyone touch the chickens, but they gave 50% or higher roosters to my friend who raised our first batch. We ended up with 50% roosters! LOL

She paid for all females, and wasn't even trying to get a SINGLE rooster.... so when more than half were roosters, I decided not to go through the local feed stores for baby chicks.

I don't mind roosters, but I don't need so many that I have to rehome them, eat them, or hope they die of natural causes lol

Lol
once when getting chicks we got 5 roosters out of 6 and the were supposed to be hens. They offered to take them back but by then we had too much in them.

Who's got solutions for a wild kid who is bad and disruptive at school? He's in pre-k this year and needs the social structure and speech therapy. We've tried positive reinforcement (rewards for good marks) and punishments (from loss of tv time to outright spankings). He's a wild kid with a good heart, he can be caring and empathetic and helpful. He can also be a holy terror, and it's usually all or nothing. He's got a pretty severe speech delay and I wonder how many problems this is causing. In 18 days of school he has had a perfect day only 6 times. Most days he has accrued 3-4 different infractions.
I'm probly going to start a huge debate because alot of people have diffrent feelings on this but I have raised 3 very hyperactive kids, I never wanted to put them on medication because I could Handel it, then when they went to school they started getting into trouble and distraction to others and down right failing because they weren't paying attention I made the choice to go to my pediatrician I leaned alot about adhd. It explains the anger spells my kids would get and their defiance among many other symptoms I decided to try medication against my beliefs but I tell you what it was 100% turn around for my kids. Spanking, punishments, taking everything away just didn't work I had no other option but to try it and for me it worked, I have completely diffrent children now, and i have a diffrent outlook on children taking adhd medicine, some just out right need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom