INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: There is no wrong answer here, I'm just trying to figure out what you all think a statement like the one above means. Going forward I am going to research the list of the "approved drugs", the "banned" drugs, and what "off label" means.

-Kathy

Hmmm
if it is labeled for Human use, why couldnt it be used in poultry intended for consumption??

i am going to splice the turner into an extension cord already powering the bator, (splice a plug thing into it so i can remove it easily)
I am using an ac (?) adapter for the computer fans, the first adapter i had didnt work, i reversed the wires (polarity) and one worked the other barely moved, Chaos said i needed a more poerful adapter so i have one other i can try. The 2nd adapter has switches to change the output and polarity so it should (
fl.gif
) work
My bank of more powerful fans.

I feel you on the mess of wires.
This incubator is a prototype so I can put up with a bit of mess.

There are 8 outlets mounted on the back that are all used.

Air lines for the air pump.

DC power supply

STC 1000 controllers

@ChickenCanoe
Theses are the 2 adapters, i tried the bottom one 1st, but i am going to use the top one tomorrow
I think I see part of your problem. Your fans are likely 12 volt DC. The bottom adaptor is 6 volt DC and only 80 milliamps. That probably wouldn't be enough wattage to run the fans even if it was the right voltage - which it isn't.
The other has selectable voltage output with 12 volts available but still only 500 mA.

What you need to do is check the power requirements of the fans. Check the voltage and amperage. If it is 12 volts you have to provide 12 volts.
Add the amperage/wattage of the fans together and that can't exceed the output of your power supply.
If the fans are 12 volt and 250 mA or less each, with 2 fans they should work with the 500 mA power supply.

Why bother?  Even if it walked up to you and jumped into your vehicle, what then? You keep coming up with reasons why you can't quarantine it, which means that you're willing to gamble the health of your flock for a bird of unknown origin, found at a dump because someone decided the dump was a fitting place to dump an unwanted bird.

Do yourself and your other birds a favor; get out of Dodge quick as you can. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200

hey I am a animal lover

Great, go get her, but don't whine when your healthy chickens suddenly get something like Marek's of CRD (mycoplasma). 

-Kathy

Disease that you will NEVER get rid of them!

Last edited:
Each fan she has have a requirement of .18 ampers.

My bank of more powerful fans.

I feel you on the mess of wires.
This incubator is a prototype so I can put up with a bit of mess.

There are 8 outlets mounted on the back that are all used.

Air lines for the air pump.

DC power supply

STC 1000 controllers

I think I see part of your problem. Your fans are likely 12 volt DC. The bottom adaptor is 6 volt DC and only 80 milliamps. That probably wouldn't be enough wattage to run the fans even if it was the right voltage - which it isn't.
The other has selectable voltage output with 12 volts available but still only 500 mA.

What you need to do is check the power requirements of the fans. Check the voltage and amperage. If it is 12 volts you have to provide 12 volts.
Add the amperage/wattage of the fans together and that can't exceed the output of your power supply.
If the fans are 12 volt and 250 mA or less each, with 2 fans they should work with the 500 mA power supply.
Your bator frightens me lol

see above post from Chaos

it is 2 fans in my bator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom