INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to try using goats milk for soap. I don't usually enjoy goat cheese, so I'm not thinking of consumption fight now. But it would be fun to make goat butter, if that's even a thing.

You can make butter from any kind of milk! In Nepal they drink a lot of tea with solted Yack :)lol: ;)) butter.
We use here goat butter.

Twist has yaks! Maybe he'll milk one for us.

But if you will have a nice cow, you could use her as a learning tool and as a milk source that will ease the bil.
In Israel an average cow gives 11,400 liters of milk annually! Let say that you will get the half, 5700 liters it will satisfy
All your milk needed in the farm, and you csn also make some cheese! Win-win-win (- alot of work :lol:) situation!

We're on a five-year plan, by the fifth year hoping to be raising our own beef and pork. I can get people to feed the animals, but who will milk? I'm still young Benny! I like to travel!

I order 12-20 gallons of milk a week in the summer. I'd have to have my own dairy for that.

You can always call Loko! :lol:

:lau :lau

Good morning everyone! Thanks againful the info on the cabinet bators. I will Chek out the link and the DIY section tonight while I am at work lol. I don't ( breed ) the dogs.. yet.. I would love a litter from lizzy my yellow bit we will see. I just really enjoy working them and seeing their natural ability come out. @Sally Sunshine
I rescued an English Pointer gyp once that had misidentified @ the shelter as a GSP! I figured someone had probably lost her in a training session, so I was hoping her owner would happen by. When she came here, the 1st thing I did was check cord her & work her into a planted quail. I swear that dog had more inborn ability than a lot of dogs have after months with a pro trainer. I couldn't use her for breeding 'cause I had no papers on her, but I found her a home with someone just looking for a good hunting dog. I couldn't let her get put down @ the shelter, and she was running out of time.

I just mentioned "Tuberculosis" and everyone escape?
Maybe it was the brucellosis.
A friend contracted it in veterinary school.

We're on a five-year plan, by the fifth year hoping to be raising our own beef and pork. I can get people to feed the animals, but who will milk? I'm still young Benny! I like to travel!

I order 12-20 gallons of milk a week in the summer. I'd have to have my own dairy for that.
I'm with you on the travel and essential daily chores.
How about joining workaway and bringing someone in to do the milking full time.

Gotta be careful with them around horses; they seem to have a fondness for horsehair. Had a mare come in here with her tail dragging the ground; left here with it up to her hocks...goat
Could be it was after an easy source of protein.

Quote: COOL !!!

Campaign you must know thst some VERY VERY nasty bacteria can be transferred from milking animals
The worst is Tuberculosis, and tge second is Malta feaver or Brucellosis. This is the reason of pasturesion.
DONT NEGLECT THE VACCINATION
ok Mr, Educator!! GOTCHA!

Quote: But I am not a milking animal!

bahahhahhahaaaaaa
cool.png
hands over mouth

Quote: Finally! A post ( not specifically your posts, but posts in general) short enough to quote w/o crashing everyone's system.

What do you think about a pelleted feed for all age groups, from chicks big enough to handle pellets to layers and a rooster, with 20% protein,3.5% fat,6% fiber,1.3% calcium, .6% phosphorus, .65% salt,and a host of other things I can't pronounce? It's supposedly Southern States' answer to Purina All Flock; they call it Flock Balancer. Little late to ask, I guess, since I just bought my 2nd 200 lb load of it!

Campaign you must know thst some VERY VERY nasty bacteria can be transferred from milking animals
The worst is Tuberculosis, and tge second is Malta feaver or Brucellosis. This is the reason of pasturesion.
DONT NEGLECT THE VACCINATION
The USDA has declared my state (Ohio) Tuberculosis and Brucellosis free in livestock. Most of the year I use unpastureized milk. Here's a freezer full to use until next years kids:

Along with vaccinations, it is important to test annually for appropriate diseases in your area, and to follow federal law when transporting across state lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom