INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I moved my juvies in with my adult flock as of this afternoon. They were penned in the coop for a few hours with out the big chickens having access, but could see them. My RIR seems kind of offended by the new intruders, but my roo is interested in his new ladies. LOL They are too young for breeding, but I hope they make him happy ;)

Still no signs of an external pip on my eggs. I'm hoping they pip over night. If they don't pip by lunch time tomorrow, I may candle and make a little hole for them to breath from, just to buy them more time to get out on their own.

Do you get the godzila BPR eggs too?
A few of those, I believe 5. Can you please keep me informed about the out come?

It is very interesting to me!

I just hatched one Benny its HUGE and all black, So the huge BCM roo I have over the huge BR hen that lays godzilla eggs makes a black Sexlink chick. I will have to take images so you can tell me what it is, male or female. what color will a hens eggs be from this mating? Brown of some kind
lol.png

I am waiting, is she a pure BPR? you betcha she is pure BPR and the BCM is a very nice breeder bcm From what I was told on this thread many moons ago, the hen determines the egg color. The color will only change when the rooster is bred back to his daughters. It can't be , because every genetic features is determined by at least 2 gens ( one couple of Alleles, ) that each one came from different parent
If that's the case, I've just wasted a precious year...ain't got any to spare
th.gif

@kwhites634 hugs read below.... I posted links to this many times lol

@BantyChooks can you make a MARANS egg and genetics info link please?
Quote: I love my goose girl aka gooserz
she is buff american and spoiled from hatch, kids run aroung the yard all the time and she keeps away from them but bothers me lol I was the one to spoil her and she only really comes to me.

Good morning!!! I have a pullet who crowed so all is just peachy here!!
roll.png
Nice new avy @Elemes lol thats too funny sorry about that. How is the roo?

Nice new avy @Elemes
   lol  thats too funny sorry about that. How is the roo?

Thanks! I got a new app. :) the sick guy is a total 180 from yesterday but he's still in quarantine just to be safe. The new "pullet turned cockerel" (Darned Ameraucanas) is also fine, need a couple? Hehe

@Sally Sunshine - When should I peek at the eggs, to see if they need help. Part of me is worried if I wait to long, they'll die... but I also don't want to disturb them. With the air sacs, being more on the side, then straight up, and saddled, I'm worried the baby's won't be able to get into them correctly.

Any suggestions? Since I only had 2 in there, I'd really like to avoid losing them both if possible. I never worried about my last egg like this, but it's air sac was normal.
your too antsy love

OK,so Mayer or Oscar someone give me a few more but aggressive names.and I will put them in a random name picker
Oscar Mayer yes, its perfecto

Good Morning all
frow.gif

I'm still struggling with this sinus infection stuff, feel like it's moving into my chest. Yuck.

At work, with the motivation of a salted slug on a hot sidewalk.
oh Heather I am so sorry! the meds should kick in soon I pray!!! hugs

Quote: x2

We had 2 chicks this morning!

However, none of the 3 other eggs have made any progress at all (first one pipped about 21 hours ago). Should I be worried? Should I candle them since they aren't pipped? The humidity was only around 50% for Day 18 and 19, could they be shrink wrapped? Or does that only happen once they pip?

The humidity shot up after the 2 hatched, is that ok? I'm guessing since the chicks were wet so I'm not sure how I could have avoided it...

Help! I didn't realize this was going to be so stressful!!!

ETA: Brinsea Mini Advance, locally-sourced Ameraucana eggs, all looked good at Day 18 candle, if that helps.
I has their been progress since this post?
fl.gif

*IMPORTANT INFO= TIMELINES PIPS ZIPS!!! & MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING post #35770

Quote: @hippiestink
didnt you give this recipe ?
HOMEMADE MOLT LOAF post #1894
Feather Loss in Chickens CLICK HERE and HERE
ADDING other pet foods to feed start at post #2032

Quote:
frow.gif
@Honora x2 @BaileyMChicks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back