INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome!!! Now you won't have to put the 1st chick with the older chicks! YAY!!!  :celebrate

It's your call on moving the chicks to the brooder. You'll lose valuable humidity in the bator getting the chicks out, but if they're good and dry, and you do it quickly enough, the last eggs should be okay. Just get the humidity up as quickly as you can if you choose to open the bator. Damp sponge or paper towel should help. Just remember, those chicks will be fine for 2-3 days without food or water, so you can safely leave them in the bator while waiting to see what the other eggs are going to do.   ;)
I agree, leave those chicks in the bator. They'll be fine.

exactly, so why are all those aps doing that?
hu.gif
its not a big deal for me or you, but I would love to find a more detailed ap or page that helps people calculate it
cool.png
even if I need to go to HOURS of incubation... I have too much on my mind reading all these backposts... I will forget what i wanted to search for everyone!
I have something better than an app. It's called a calender. I have one on the wall, and one on my phone. Unfortunately, the chicks can't see either one since they're stuck inside a shell...
lau.gif

Good morning!!  I had so much fun last night!  We have a total of 5 hatched..  They started out slow, and got faster during the night.  The first hatch was 4 pm, second 10 pm, 3rd 2 am, 4th 3 am and 5th 4 am.  When I got up the next time at 7, I was expecting 3 more chicks!  .  

No new pips, but I'm going to leave them for a few days. 

Unfortunately my daughter was with her dad for all of this.  But, I was lucky enough to film 2 of them hatching..  Should will be coming home today, so hopefully a few more will hatch that she can watch.

They are all dark, only the first one looks like a buff/black mix.  

I should move the 5 over to the brooder and quickly clean up the shell mess, correct? 

Thanks again everyone!!  I'll try to not be so obsessed on the  next batch!

Great news! Now you definitely won't have a 'loner' to worry about.
Good morning to all! Just caught up, and now time for more coffe and an omelet!
Gotta check up on granny and send some sketches.

I have something better than an app. It's called a calender. I have one on the wall, and one on my phone. Unfortunately, the chicks can't see either one since they're stuck inside a shell...
lau.gif

LOL I know, but some people really are a bit worse with having to know exactly when they should expect pips chicks etc

Glad you made it through. Out of coffee yet?

Glad you made it through. Out of coffee yet?
I actually skipped the coffee - my relatively elderly folks live with me, I just got up and checked the chickens every time one of them got up to pee....

Awesome!!! Now you won't have to put the 1st chick with the older chicks! YAY!!!
celebrate.gif

It's your call on moving the chicks to the brooder. You'll lose valuable humidity in the bator getting the chicks out, but if they're good and dry, and you do it quickly enough, the last eggs should be okay. Just get the humidity up as quickly as you can if you choose to open the bator. Damp sponge or paper towel should help. Just remember, those chicks will be fine for 2-3 days without food or water, so you can safely leave them in the bator while waiting to see what the other eggs are going to do.
wink.png

I'd leave them in there, but the first chick hatched sits up on the egg carton pecking at each of the others as they are hatching. It looks like it's pecking the chick and not it's shell.

LittleLakePhil - I'm so sorry your wife still isn't feeling well. I'm glad she is finally sleeping. I hope that helps. For you though, bronchitis is no fun, if you don't take care of it, it can turn into pneumonia. So, please take it easy today!

lau.gif
lau.gif

Calendars are useful tools, too easily forgotten in the digital age of "turn on phone and check".... I always have a paper calendar, and this year it is the BYC one!
yesss.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom