INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

These are some of my chicks from my hatch, Any blue chickens you see from my area most likely started at my farm. These eggs I had gotten from a lady who hatched out eggs I gave her, I think these are the grandchildren, or the children from fertile eggs I gave her. She credits me for her farm's diversity. She only had red cochins before.

but they were also very nice birds.

Last edited:
Wow, what a read so many pages just in the last day.

@Rod-T - Mine are not due until Thursday at noon, and I have an internal pip. How did your early birds do?

One of my eggs has a blood line, I think it was infection. There was a black mass on the side off egg (inside) that I could see when I candle. And there was a hairline crack that must have been the culprit. Won't do an inspection, do not want to look at the dead chick.

I left it in there, just in case I am wrong (he was alive at Day 18)

Seems like a lot of hatches going on, Good luck everyone!

Wow, what a read so many pages just in the last day.

@Rod-T
 - Mine are not due until Thursday at noon, and I have an internal pip. How did your early birds do?

One of my eggs has a blood line, I think it was infection. There was a black mass on the side off egg (inside) that I could see when I candle. And there was a hairline crack that must have been the culprit. Won't do an inspection, do not want to look at the dead chick.

I left it in there, just in case I am wrong (he was alive at Day 18)

Seems like a lot of hatches going on, Good luck everyone!

3 pips. 1 out good shape.. power just went out for 5 min.. now back on

3 pips. 1 out good shape.. power just went out for 5 min.. now back on
Awesome! I bet that was looooong 5 minutes... I imagine it was pretty scary when the power went out just when they start hatching. I have to find a good used car battery that I can use as a backup... if I'm lucky enough to be home if and when the power goes out. It would be nice if incubators had "automatic" battery backup in the event of a power outage. They put them in alarm clocks, so why not incubators???

I am really curious- how old is everyone? And where are you located? I'm 27 and in Kansas, USA
23 (going to be 24 next May) and in Belgium.

Great looking babies! But aren't they all really
wink.png
x3!!

I have a question about breeding. I know with many animals you shouldn't inbreed, is it the same with chickens? Just wondering if I can keep a rooster from the same hatch or if I should look for a different one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom