INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
and still alive??? goodness did mom smell them?  I dont want them to blow up and bacterialize your bator!!
she don't see more movement she candled them new year's eve and seen beak and veins but no movement.she candled tonight and still no movement but she said they don't smell.they where alive the day I left.

If the majority of your chicks have hatched
or its past day 21 (for Chicken eggs),
it's time to....CANDLE & Tap!

Candle and look for an internal pip.
Pencil mark the air cell.

Below is what an internal pip it looks like.
The beak is thrust through the inner membrane into the air cell.

Tap with your fingernail GENTLY on the air cell
and hold to your ear, Can you hear a peep?

**IF** YOU DO NOT HAVE AN INTERNAL PIP AND YOU CAN’T HEAR CHIRPING and you do SEE MOVEMENT, place that egg BACK in the incubator and WAIT, this EGG DOES NOT need assisting at this point!

**IF** however YOU DO NOT HAVE AN INTERNAL PIP AND YOU CAN’T HEAR CHIRPING and YOU DO NOT see MOVEMENT please proceed to The Float Test ~ Checking Egg Viability. Give Eggs A Full 24 Hrs Overdue Before Float Testing ONLY AFTER CANDLING and NO Internal pips and NO internal MOVEMENT or CHIRPING! This procedure takes very little equipment Or time to do and Is Easy To Perform. If your egg is still viable, place back in the bator and wait!

CLICK HERE FOR FLOAT TESTING..... https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/383525/float-testing-checking-egg-viability-for-late-or-overdue-hatching

CLICK HERE FOR: Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching

Sometimes you can tell they are dead as the embryo drops as well as the blood in the vessels drop to the bottom of the egg and candle will show like these.....

Last edited:
she don't see more movement she candled them new year's eve and seen beak and veins but no movement.she candled tonight and still no movement but she said they don't smell.they where alive the day I left.

ok, she saw the beak in the air cell? she knows that the humidity needs kept up I will assume?

when you get home CH you probably want to bookmark and do the same thing I suggested to prizepete

good luck tomorrow, and keep in touch!

I gotta get off this laptop... nite again
hugs.gif

the top rim of the embryo sack, you will notice the blood veins disappeared from lack of life and drop to the bottom more.

you can follow the assist guide I made, tap and listen, look at candle for life, and if no internal pips you can move on to the float test, but if you do the float test, BE SURE YOU KNOW AND UNDERSTAND what your doing before you get the eggs out of the bator
Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching - BackYard Chickens Community

hugf. I guess I am doing the float test tomorrow. thanks sally. There where no veins at the top. This was absolutely incubation error if these chicks are dead.

Took Sally's guide to Assisted hatching, gonna read it now so if that one doesn't pip by morning, I'm helping him out to see if it died. Hope not, but I've got 8 live babies in the brooder, and 3 pipped babies in incubator, one unpipped, possibly dead, and one early quitter and one killed by dog. Doing good in general!

Took Sally's guide to Assisted hatching, gonna read it now so if that one doesn't pip by morning, I'm helping him out to see if it died. Hope not, but I've got 8 live babies in the brooder, and 3 pipped babies in incubator, one unpipped, possibly dead, and one early quitter and one killed by dog. Doing good in general!

I think it was you... not sure though... you asked about serama eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom