INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got another zipper! Two more to hatch after that, and if the one without a pip doesn't pip, gonna pip for him and see what happened,

I've now got 5 hatched and 3 pipped - one from my 5/15 set is hatching early. I had to scoot it over to the lockdown 'bator. Hopefully I'll have 3 more chicks in the morning!

Good luck to everyone else with pipped and unpipped eggs!

Hi everyone! I know this is WAY off topic, but I posted it over on the disease/emergency thread and no answers. I have a RIR that is almost 6, she has a totally swollen rear end. No egg stuck that we can tell. Any idea what the cause is, or how we can treat it?
If it seems like a watery baloon it could be a phenomena called Ascites, it is an accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity due to a liver or kidny damage. It is usually lethal . Reed thus link: http://www.thepoultrysite.com/focus/biomin/2257/biomin-biotronic-ascites-in-poultry
Katy( Castorpony) use to drain the fluids and gave the chicken some mor time to live. Check in BYC and you will fined here Thread.

Last edited:
Thank you
I do feel bad because I have spent so much time with her. But I will bury her tomorrow and play with the other 10

DH says I am spending too much time here so I am going to have Lia keep me posted
big_smile.png

Congrats on all the new hatches!

Thank you I do feel bad because I have spent so much time with her. But I will bury her tomorrow and play with the other 10 DH says I am spending too much time here so I am going to have Lia keep me posted :D Congrats on all the new hatches!
A lot of people wouldn't have helped her how you did! Try not to be to sad... cute cat though. Have one just like that

:( Sadly while I was sleeping and with her wing bound for healing.
The baby chick somehow got into the small chick fount and drown.

Oh no. Well, all you can ever do is try, try, and try again. Well, maybe not in this case, but it's good experience! You learned about her wing, and learned to possibly buy a quail watering dish next time. I haven't yet, but I'm going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom