INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!!! 

And thank you!!! 

And... thank and no thank you!!! Oh, I completely agree that insulation will help the heater not work so hard. That's a given. My point was that even without insulation, an incubator with a good controller will hold temps instep with one with good insulation. The most I saw mine vary was .6F... and in the environment I mentioned. It would more than likely fluctuate far less if it was in the center of the house where temps stay more stable. A good controller/heater will compensate for fluctuations is all I'm saying. When I upgrade to a larger incubator, I'll be using a similar controller/heater for my homemade unit... the big brother to my current controller/heater... the IncuKit Advanced. If you can't tell, I'm sold on the digital all-in-one progressive heater. Now I have to charge you 4c...   :lau

:smack

I respectfully agree and disagree. I think the insulation did help the heater not work so hard.

ETA - I tested it with a stopwatch before and after to see how often the heater kicked on, and how long it maintained before kicking on again.
Therein lies the difference... I'm not talking about an on/off thermostat. I should have mentioned that earlier, and I apologize for not doing so. I am referring to a progressive thermostat and heater that ramps up or down depending on the need. These units offer unparalleled performance... even in un-insulated compartments. That'll cost you a nickle...

smack.gif
Aww... the first smack from Bubbles today! Thank you!!!

(PS: you hit like a gurl)
tongue2.gif

As long as it has a good thermometer and (especially) heater, insulation won't matter. If you could see how thin the plastic bottom half of my incubator is, you'd swear it was a piece of junk. The egg turner isn't much better. The top is made of a heavier acrylic, which is pretty sturdy. If the bator has the first two things I mentioned, it will work great without insulation. My bator is in a room next to a window, beside the door that gets used to go in and out of the house multiple times daily, and across the foyer from the laundry room and a bathroom that always fluctuates temps, especially this time of year. I had a couple of pretty good hatches in mine so far, and the bator seems to be getting more steady with each use. In other words, I wouldn't put much stock in the insulation properties of the case... it's the heater and controller that makes or breaks an incubator... IMO. Just my 3c...

^ see above ^
hmmmmmm

I only know of one...
yesss.gif

lau.gif
gig.gif
th.gif

No, I put a heat lamp over the bator and it maintained temp for the rest of the hatch. I think I lost some because of it, but not all. (if it hadn't, I was gathering stuff to make a hatcher)
oh!!! and that stinks but cool you got it stead like that! and hatching too!
bow.gif

I respectfully agree and disagree. I think the insulation did help the heater not work so hard.

ETA - I tested it with a stopwatch before and after to see how often the heater kicked on, and how long it maintained before kicking on again.
goodpost.gif

My older QGF is just half inch plywood and that is it. the temp stays right on and is steady as a rock and it doesn't matter where you have it . well must add I've only used the hatcher . the incubators with turners are not working now . just finished my hatch . used the Farm innovator to incubate and the GQF hatcher to hatch . I will not set again until my GQF incubators are up and running . set 30 12 clears 2 early quitters 14 lock down 9 hatched . the farm innovators are awful . if your thinking about buying take it off your list . they are ok if they are in a completely controlled environment but nowhere else .
KKKKKKKKK we dont believe you since you gave us no pictures other than one chick love!
lau.gif
are you keeping these babies? you had some nice dark eggs in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom