INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be putting picks in a couple days of my production red and white leggings eggs there on day four now I also have one egg from my ameracaunna she is paired with a white roo with yellow white saddle feathers she is cream brown and black.The dad of the production reds and white leggings eggs is a huge production red roo

I love this! I've used the straw but didn't think about the dropper, great idea.
The fish tank tubing works great. Just get the clear tubing that you use for fish tanks, they bend better than straws, and then use the syringe to add the water.

What do you think day 14. What is that smear?

Those look great to me. As far as the smear, who knows but who cares, if the egg is alive then it's probably not something that matters or that you can do anything about anyways. Good looking little future babies.

Hello I finely have my own bator.right now I have 26 chicken eggs in it both production reds and white leggings I am on day four I candled the white leggings since there easy too see I have six of those eggs total four or good baby's inside one probably isn't fertal and one quiter this is my fourth hatch.

Welcome! Leghorns and Production Reds? Nice. Do you sell your eggs?

Quote:
pop.gif
where have you been researching incubation?Here on BYC, just reading threads and looking at what others are doing/have done. I like holding hands! Music to my ears. I'm a show me type of person, so I'm nervous just trying it on my own. Its good for you, dont you know that? Do you know that you need to buy some extra thermo/hygros for your incubator because you should never rely on the one that came with it? Nope, but I will buy them tomorrow. Any suggestions on brands? Not really I buy cheap ones, see the hatching 101 article in the temp section a few are listed there, walmart, amazon you can find them anywhere, and you always need to calibrate and make sure your spot on? This I do know, I had to calibrate my fish tank heaters, but it's been a long while. again the hatching 101 article can refresh you on how to do it. Do you know that the best eggs to start out with are local eggs, they have to be fresh eggs, and yea its best if they are fertilized
lau.gif
but you know that! but seriously less that 10 days from lay is always best! Do you have access to local eggs to practice with? My quail actually just started laying 3 days ago, I'm up to 10 eggs. They are most definitely fertile, much to my daughter's never ending amusement. good place to start! do you eat quail? Do you have any dream breeds you would like? Well, I miss my Easter edgers and the colored eggs I was going to get. I'd like a few true Ameraucanas, but that's a needle in a haystack search. Hamburgs are pretty, I'd like a couple Jersey Giants someday. great breeds! How many questions is too many to ask when you first meet someone? Is there ever too many? Nah!!! Thank you for humoring me sure thank you too!
hugs.gif
I like you already!!! sounds like you need to keep collecting quail eggs, what type are they? and storing them in a cool location, see the article on what eggs and how long to keep them... get the bator running and thermos/hygros calibrated and get started! I think casyV is the quail hatcher and a few others hatch alot, lets see who can jump on to help also with hatching a few for the first time! do any neighbors have any eggs you can steal to try? ask around! even local eggs at stands sometimes are fertile! just to practice and sell off cheap on CL

Hatching Eggs 101 - BackYard Chickens Community

CALLING ALL EXPERIENCED QUAIL HATCHERS!

any and all tips for hatching quail please!!
old.gif

Yes ma'am!! 15 years and we've been through hell and back. I still think he's hot, and he's stuck with me whether he likes it or not.
sure is great to hear after 15! keep on going!

Well, first he used a sharpie marker and made a huge + on the back of my beautiful bead board finished garage wall. He turned the lights on in there, and set up a table at the end of the driveway, after measuring the distance. Then I got to hold the light and hand him the correct bore sights and tools to sight it. All while I scrolled through this thread. I love him but almost kicked him when I saw the + on my wall. Sharpie. Really?

By the way, if I hatch chicks, I could keep them in the kids bathroom for quite a while, like I did last time. I started with 8, then quickly went up to 38, and all the while, my sweet man sat in the next room, totally oblivious. They were in there about 3 weeks before he asked what the noise was. Lol. I think he was in denial.
lau.gif

Hello I finely have my own bator.right now I have 26 chicken eggs in it both production reds and white leggings I am on day four I candled the white leggings since there easy too see I have six of those eggs total four or good baby's inside one probably isn't fertal and one quiter this is my fourth hatch.
frow.gif
welcome to the thread! I bet its cool candlin those whites!

I will be putting picks in a couple days of my production red and white leggings eggs there on day four now I also have one egg from my ameracaunna she is paired with a white roo with yellow white saddle feathers she is cream brown and black.The dad of the production reds and white leggings eggs is a huge production red roo
Yes please show images! And can we see you flock as well?

Those look great to me. As far as the smear, who knows but who cares, if the egg is alive then it's probably not something that matters or that you can do anything about anyways. Good looking little future babies.
thats what I said on the HAL thread too doin good Saris

sure is great to hear after 15! keep on going!

:lau

:frow welcome to the thread! I bet its cool candlin those whites!

Yes please show images! And can we see you flock as well?

thats what I said on the HAL thread too  doin good Saris
yes will do the eggs are from my neighbor.. I have 17 production reds but are to young too Lau I have Santa's one americaunna hen a goose and a muscovy duck that I found in my yard when it was a baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom