INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true! I am planning on the CL sales, but I guess I have to figure out what color they are going to turn into first. Most of them were really brown the first couple of days, now they are spotted brown and black. I do have 10 set to hatch around the 12th, and I set another 24 last night. I did mark them the eggs more clearly this time, so no confusing the 2. So, the fun will continue!!

Now I have more of a genetics question. I just have 1 rooster, I will end up only keeping the girls that I raise from these hatches. Before they ever get to laying stage, I'll want to replace my rooster from someone else's flock, since I don't want to breed father to daughter, correct?
I think you should look into Line Breeding.
Not everyone is a fan, But don't forget when you add different birds/genes you are also adding other recessive traits that will pop up.

EH,
Mornin for me as I got 1 hour of sleep(maybe) before heading to the farm,
So I took a BIG NAP when I got back.
I am due for one
lau.gif

Looks like you got your puter fixed. Wanna work on mine now? Make it worth your while, I will
I am sure whites!

Please tell me what to do.
Everythings closed today, but the TSC.
And I want this done today, So the eggs she will be setting on don't get em when they hatch.
gig.gif

Ok,
so put injectable in the water then.

I read em(the links, I was at like 3 pages before I got to where I was goin), I are just easily confuzzled.

So, there are 5 hens in there,
How much do I put in?
I will refrain! hang on a second

So true! I am planning on the CL sales, but I guess I have to figure out what color they are going to turn into first. Most of them were really brown the first couple of days, now they are spotted brown and black. I do have 10 set to hatch around the 12th, and I set another 24 last night. I did mark them the eggs more clearly this time, so no confusing the 2. So, the fun will continue!!

Now I have more of a genetics question. I just have 1 rooster, I will end up only keeping the girls that I raise from these hatches. Before they ever get to laying stage, I'll want to replace my rooster from someone else's flock, since I don't want to breed father to daughter, correct?
glad they are marked now!! set another 24 LOL and your not hovering yet?

@LocalYokel , the most ivermectin you would want to give her is 0.4mg/kg (the link several pages back says 0.2mg/kg, but this dose is within the safe range), which works out to ~0.02 ml per pound. You could give that orally.

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom