INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foghorn looks much better today, crowing and everything. It's going to be below freezing for the next few days, should I wait to reunite him until it's warmer or let him back outside now?

frow.gif
everytime I moved a broody too far she stopped brooding. wait until after is my suggestion! if you have to put a quick ring of wire around her, she should protect the chicks later on.

she dont need alot of room right now

I figured, but never know! read the directions because I didint lol.... you have to be careful flipping it never had a pressure blow out, only a dumb flip by on SallyAnn and got a mess in the coop!! practice first! lmao!
I've used similarly shaped waterers off & on for years, just not heated ones. If they keep water fluid up where you are, they sure ought to work a few miles further south.

Whites, see below on how I keep birds off the feeders and waterers, also BUBBLES see the link for those pallet coop designs you wanted taller than mine!

did u ever look at my page for ideas that I have with Grit mag, BYC and some others?
Some great stuff we all have posted!

Sally Sunshine You created this board CLICK HERE

https://www.pinterest.com/ssunshiner/chickens-chickens-chickens-and-more-chickens/

Grit Magazine

Hobby Farms Magazine

BackYardChickens.com

Fresh Eggs Daily

7b2a8eb5999fdb60522f66f7812e3e05.jpg
ways to save on feed

810a9ca52f746b9b78b5123ab17a7fa2.jpg
how to make removable perches for easier cleaning... No one use sticks unless they are at least as wide as a 2x4 in cold climates always use a 2x4 on the side to prevent frostbit toes!

fd569bf85f96a5e038ea8b12ddc870d1.jpg
keeping them clean, no roost feeders or we use a cut out milk jug over ours!
2014-03-26+11.25.39.jpg

f8732389b0056483660f1cc6df65c1c0.jpg
white wash

fun stuff for the run
11d7e7df7c3c15b6a04dac984eb569b3.jpg

hang your tools up!
cbdca81b3c86c05a7c390fb5779ae8c1.jpg

I sold Grit mag as a kid for a while
gig.gif

I don't think it needs sutures. If you're still worried about about it healing you can either look for local honey that's not been processed to much or if you can't find that, medical grade honey. Honey is extremely powerful and awesome in wound care. It's anti bacterial and accelerates healing. I've used honey on numerous kinds of wounds, road rash, abscesses, cuts, burns. And all of them have incredible improvement within a couple of days. Road rash and burns are almost nonexistent the very next day!

Now why would a chicken get road rash, unless it were trying to get to the other side of an 8-lane interstate & slipped, in which case road rash would be the least of it's problems?
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom