INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand why anyone wraps a porous egg in paper. Just wicking moisture out of it. Bubble wrap works a lot better! Hope the rest are okay...
fl.gif
Not to mention a pingpong ball sized egg in a regular sized egg carton..... My fingers are crossed too. Thanks.

I found an ice cold pigeon egg and stuck it in the incubator two days ago and it's still alive!

-Kathy

I have/raise rollers and tumblers, it's somewhat common for me to find the pigeon 1st egg of 2 be ice cold this time of year but, the hen will lay the 2nd egg and hatch out 2 squabs just like nothing ever happened.
Can you feed it if it hatches?
Scott

We don't?

I've got eggs cooking. Supposedly they are gonna hatch on the 19th.

I went back to sleep. I checked on the NYD chicks in the garage brooder and the eggs in the incubator.

Now we're getting somewhere! :highfive: What's everyone have in the bator?

I've got 12 self blue Cochin bantams (shipped) day 3 (going to candle today to see how many are viable).... And 18 eggs arriving in the mail tomorrow
1f604.png

I've heard of that a few times, with good results.  Long as it isn't cracked, I guess it's worth a shot...nothing to lose.

It's from a poorly made nest where my peafowl sleep, so I think I'll toss some hay in there and see if they will build the nest up a little. If they do, I'll put the egg back if they're still sitting on an egg. Otherwise I'll have to raise a baby pigeon by hand, and not sure I want to go through that again.

-Kathy

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends/31740#post_16373855 layout=inline]I found an ice cold pigeon egg and stuck it in the incubator two days ago and it's still alive![/CONTENTEMBED]
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends/31740#post_16373855 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED]
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends/31740#post_16373855 layout=inline]-Kathy[/CONTENTEMBED]

I have/raise rollers and tumblers, it's somewhat common for me to find the pigeon 1st egg of 2 be ice cold this time of year but, the hen will lay the 2nd egg and hatch out 2 squabs just like nothing ever happened.
Can you feed it if it hatches?
Scott

I found it at about a week into incubation (will take pics). I can feed it, just not sure I want to. Do you show you pigeons?

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom