INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Chick and Scott!
And everyone else this fine morning
Just caught up, now off to work again.
frow.gif

Mornin everybody that up
I went back to sleep. I checked on the NYD chicks in the garage brooder and the eggs in the incubator.

@Sally Sunshine

I'm on day 3.5, I started to turn yesterday once day 3 was complete. Some of the eggs darkened up, but this is the only one that has veins and a heartbeat.

These little bantam eggs were each wrapped in a paper towel, then put in a Styrofoam egg carton and put in a box with crumpled up news paper on top and bottom, but the eggs were so small the paper towel didn't stop them from wiggling.

We don't?

I've got eggs cooking. Supposedly they are gonna hatch on the 19th.
I'm waiting 'til warmer weather; ain't real fond of brooding month-old chicks in the house. Besides, I'm hoping to find some local BCM eggs; love those super brown eggs, though I know they're a bear to hatch.

@Sally Sunshine

I'm on day 3.5, I started to turn yesterday once day 3 was complete. Some of the eggs darkened up, but this is the only one that has veins and a heartbeat.

These little bantam eggs were each wrapped in a paper towel, then put in a Styrofoam egg carton and put in a box with crumpled up news paper on top and bottom, but the eggs were so small the paper towel didn't stop them from wiggling.
Don't understand why anyone wraps a porous egg in paper. Just wicking moisture out of it. Bubble wrap works a lot better! Hope the rest are okay... :fl

I'm waiting 'til warmer weather; ain't real fond of brooding month-old chicks in the house.  Besides, I'm hoping to find some local BCM eggs; love those super brown eggs, though I know they're a bear to hatch.
My boss won't allow me to hatch any moreuntil I move these 22 chicks in the brooder... which I need to expand when I get home from work!!! :th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom