INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sally sun Im having trouble posting pictures but my little egg that was laid apparently on top of my broody during her nesting time, abandoned, and then put into a 50 year old incubator with no humidity gauge and with temps kind kf all over the place, finished hatching about an hour ago. He/she looks good! We named it Martin since its MLKs birthday....or Martina if its a hen lol.

sally sun Im having trouble posting pictures but my little egg that was laid apparently on top of my broody during her nesting time, abandoned, and then put into a 50 year old incubator with no humidity gauge and with temps kind kf all over the place, finished hatching about an hour ago. He/she looks good! We named it Martin since its MLKs birthday....or Martina if its a hen lol.
celebrate.gif
Awesome!
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif

Quote: thank you!! good luck!

Almost hate to mention it, but.....

The latest issue of Chickens magazine (March/April 2016 from Hobby Farms) has an article on building a DIY incubator.
online article by chance?

@Sally Sunshine

I will need to wipe the roo's nostrils clear again, the pullet's maybe. I will inspect more closely later today. I have them electrolytes and if there is no change they will go to a get next week. There still isn't any other symptoms, no visible swelling or noise mad when they breathe. Both are up And drinking And eating, and yeah these are the two I just got from Eden Camp.
awesome video of that day 7 candling!!! thankyou!!
I am sorry about the birds, this is why I wont bring anything in but eggs and chicks from tested place. not that eggs cant carry some stuff too.
hugs.gif
and of course when they are shipped it stresses them and then it shows its face

sally sun Im having trouble posting pictures but my little egg that was laid apparently on top of my broody during her nesting time, abandoned, and then put into a 50 year old incubator with no humidity gauge and with temps kind kf all over the place, finished hatching about an hour ago. He/she looks good! We named it Martin since its MLKs birthday....or Martina if its a hen lol.

Congrats Jenny!!!
woot.gif
I am so happy!! now your spoiling HER like crazy!!! praying for a Martina!!!
highfive.gif
well done!!!

I have missed everyone! Been very busy the last few days and I have a nasty cold. Yokel made my day /week/month.. by sending me a box of fudge from his favorite shop!
ya.gif
God bless that man!
Still gonna have to go get a banana split with him someday!

Somebody just shipped me some of their silkied serama eggs from FL. They have not shipped before and most of the shipped seramas I try are pretty messed up when they get here, but we'll see! If I can get anything from their bloodlines to add to mine, I'd be thrilled.
fl.gif

The broody Serama that was on two eggs and a grape, ate the grape finally, broke one of the eggs that was only a few days from hatching, and I took her other egg to let it hatch in the bator. Baby is alive and well with the other babies that just hatched a couple days earlier. (In my kitchen counter parrot brooder
hmm.png
)

The mountain lion seems to be backing off. Hopefully decided that life around here is way to crazy. Or maybe he touched one too many of my electric fences... Can't let down my guard yet though. He knows there's lots of food here if he can just figure out how to get to it....

My latest game cam photos.... Guineas, Doberman, and something that appears to be a deer.....?

The typo in the oxygenation article threw me for a minute.

It would be interesting to find out if they covered the eggs length-wise or cross-wise for the experiment as I think air space oxygenation would increase the growth. Just extrapolating and exploring the facts.....

I believe lack of oxygenation ( i.e. trying to hatch sea-level eggs in higher altitudes -- pores not able to assimilate thinner air -- and also Marans eggs with the pores obstructed by the dark coloring ) resulted in the dismal development rates and, yes, retarded chicks at hatch. If you check out the "Hatching at High Altitudes" thread they talk about adding extra O2 (and how to) to the incubator...and attempting to do so without blowing the thing up.

I wonder what they use in labs to grow bacteria in the tubes? sorry my mind dont stop most times.

I have missed everyone! Been very busy the last few days and I have a nasty cold. Yokel made my day /week/month.. by sending me a box of fudge from his favorite shop!
ya.gif
God bless that man!
Still gonna have to go get a banana split with him someday!

Somebody just shipped me some of their silkied serama eggs from FL. They have not shipped before and most of the shipped seramas I try are pretty messed up when they get here, but we'll see! If I can get anything from their bloodlines to add to mine, I'd be thrilled.
fl.gif

The broody Serama that was on two eggs and a grape, ate the grape finally, broke one of the eggs that was only a few days from hatching, and I took her other egg to let it hatch in the bator. Baby is alive and well with the other babies that just hatched a couple days earlier. (In my kitchen counter parrot brooder
hmm.png
)

The mountain lion seems to be backing off. Hopefully decided that life around here is way to crazy. Or maybe he touched one too many of my electric fences... Can't let down my guard yet though. He knows there's lots of food here if he can just figure out how to get to it....

My latest game cam photos.... Guineas, Doberman, and something that appears to be a deer.....?

doby! ha ha ha looks like a donkey before I zoom!!
WHat a GORGEOUS VIEW YOU HAVE!!! beautiful! have pics in the summer?
I think its a wild GOAT
gig.gif

Just found my lavender dead in the coop. No idea what happened, no signs of violence and there was no warning signs what so ever of sickness.
awwww I am sorry sweetie
hugs.gif
did you look down her throat or at her butt at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom