INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cp-gif-12-12.gif

a4953024011263f93e903124f018d70b.gif

chick-hatching-from-an-egg-smiley-emoticon.gif

tumblr_m6245oqwJ51qc8jh0o1_r1_250_zpsf74329c3.gif

tumblr_mjd1v1dino1rog4ypo1_500.gif

its going up cause the chicks are coming out and humidity is going up its ok but what is it just to be safe

awwwww!!!! congrats!!! making this big so others can catch this too...... Do you have Marbles in the waterer? or little pebbles? This keeps them from possible drowning the first few days, it can happen. The marbles also attract them to the water, and they naturally are drawn to drink! Also dip beaks lightly to attract them to it. ACV in the water? or PRO VITS? :thumbsup
900x900px-LL-7925225e_20151026_091028.jpeg
Sorry Sally dear I didn't mean to leave you hanging :) Darn grocery shopping and housework keeping me from getting back online lol... Yes yes I did have marbles for my 2 previous times raising babies this year. But apparently I have lost my marbles (no pun intended although many days I feel like it!) So I have some of those fancy colored glass bead things for vases etc which I don't use 'cause I ain't fancy ;-) so I will sterilize those for the waterer. Yes ma'am I use Save a chick electrolytes for all my babies for the first several days. So far this year I've only had to dip one beak to get them drinking. Usually they see one go for it and all join in. I'm not sure if that's due to the brooder heater plate or what- but they come out in groups, eat, drink, cheep and poop and go back under and nap together. It's awesome and I don't have to worry about fire which I always did when I used to use a red bulb. I gotta say, I'm so glad this 40-ish bantam sized hen decided to come out from under the shrubs and join in the fun here with all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom