INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Sally dear I didn't mean to leave you hanging :) Darn grocery shopping and housework keeping me from getting back online lol...

Yes yes I did have marbles for my 2 previous times raising babies this year. But apparently I have lost my marbles (no pun intended although many days I feel like it!) So I have some of those fancy colored glass bead things for vases etc which I don't use 'cause I ain't fancy ;-) so I will sterilize those for the waterer.
Yes ma'am I use Save a chick electrolytes for all my babies for the first several days. So far this year I've only had to dip one beak to get them drinking. Usually they see one go for it and all join in.
I'm not sure if that's due to the brooder heater plate or what- but they come out in groups, eat, drink, cheep and poop and go back under and nap together. It's awesome and I don't have to worry about fire which I always did when I used to use a red bulb.

I gotta say, I'm so glad this 40-ish bantam sized hen decided to come out from under the shrubs and join in the fun here with all of you!
ME TOO HA HAHAHAHHAHAHA (cant miss that when I update can I?)

What if there is not enough oxygen.do I help the misposition
NO and they are FINE!!

So this chick is 3 days old @prizepete you can see she, being the chipmunker, already has frizzle tips

Awe sally those chicks are SO CUTE! And a Chipmunk chick?!thats frizzled?! AWESOME!

Chicken Hawk, DO NOT USE NEWSPAPER!!! Just throw all of the newspaper that is in the brooder in the garbage. Use paper towels. Especialy the shredded newspaper, can kill the chicks. You worked so hard for these chicks, and you don't want them to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom