INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sally, Here is my update!

I have a full bator with staggered hatches in my LG. I sterilized the Incuview and set it up with the egg turner. It's been running a few days. When it's time for the first hatch to lock down, I'll take out the egg turner in my LG, up the humidity and hatch in that, and use the Invuview for the earlier eggs. So, if all goes well, I'll have 9 blue/splash silkies and 2 buff brahmas going into lock down 2/18, 14 Buff Brahma and 7 Green egg layers going into lock down 2/23 and 7 silkie eggs going into lock down 2/27.

Just route the light bulb wires into the temp controller/tstat. You wont be able to use the old oven tstat! The lowest they will go is 170.

Put a fan right in front of the bulb , they are usually recessed.

You will need to most likely cover the vent hole for the oven, if its a coiltop it should be beneath the right or left rear burner.

Awesome. Good idea. I'll let you know how this goes. My barn is going to look like an evil lab when I'm done. I'll have an oven incubator, an aquarium incubator, and a dresser incubator/hatcher/brooder. I just need some stainless steel tables and I'll be set.

Quote:
you ran 26 and had little air cell drop... hmmmm are you sure your temps are ok for internal temps to reach what they need? and I know you calibrated everything with K. I def would NOT lock them down until you get home and do another candle, you may want to keep an eye and hold humidity back until you see internals.

Did I ask what the new babies from them would lay? I mean I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure I DIDN't!!!!
hide.gif
but thanks for the info anyway
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

you ran 26 and had little air cell drop...  hmmmm     are you sure your temps are ok for internal temps to reach what they need?   and I know you calibrated everything with K.  I def would NOT lock them down until you get home and do another candle, you may want to keep an eye and hold humidity back until you see internals.

Ran 101 all the way, calibrated it. I'll wait then... Thanks!
-Banti

Last edited:
Awesome. Good idea. I'll let you know how this goes. My barn is going to look like an evil lab when I'm done. I'll have an oven incubator, an aquarium incubator, and a dresser incubator/hatcher/brooder. I just need some stainless steel tables and I'll be set.
Don't forget the bone saw and duct tape as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom