INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
frow.gif
Happy Birthday @kwhites634 hope you have a good one!
Thank you

There were a ton of things I was replying to but when I hit quote, none of the multis came up. I don't have time to retrace my steps over the last 80 pages so y'all have a reprieve from my rants.
I do remember some.
For @LittleLakePhil I haven't had Icelandics but they may be a good idea. I encourage you to look into Jaerhons. Especially since you're Norwegian. They're the only breed developed in Norway. I used to have several and love them. They are very fast maturing. The hens lay a ton of decent sized white eggs for their size.
They're a small tight feathered bird and can withstand extreme cold and heat. It can hit -20 here and 110+ and they never had a problem.

@Sally Sunshine I don't even own a good hygrometer (yet). I rely on weighing. The reason I went this way is that I can't see anything in most of the eggs anyway.
If I weigh a flat of eggs at a time, that is much faster than candling individual eggs and drawing little circles. I can't see clearly enough to draw the circle either.
I don't coddle any birds. I don't assist and only good quality chicks go into the brooder house.
Any birds that need coddling, shouldn't be allowed to reproduce their kind.

For the person that was having trouble finding Olive Eggers. I can send you some eggs from a hen that is out of an Ameraucana that was crossed with a Penedesenca. The resulting eggs are darker green than her mother's. This hen is now bred to another Penedesenca so her daughters should lay true olive colored eggs. PM me if you wish.

I've been getting a lot of Black Penedesenca eggs. If there's enough interest, I'll post them under BUY - SELL - TRADE.
I'm sending 2 shipments Monday. 1 to Indiana and 1 to Puerto Rico.
These are the eggs I collected in the last 2 days.
There are 4 primary flocks and I'll mark eggs with each flock number so you can avoid mating full siblings.

This is how they're packaged.

This is where thy live.

On another note:
I got a gas bill in the mail a couple days ago. I opened it and it was a final disconnect notice. I freaked out cause the bill was $470 and the disconnect amount was $280.
I thought I had paid the bill but with my hectic life, who knows. With as cold as it had been I thought it could be accurate. The disconnect date was the 16th so I could have lost gas service any day. I was getting in the car to run up to the pay station when I looked at the bill again. It was my address that appeared in the envelope window but not my name. Turns out it was someone that lives on the opposite side of town. I alerted the gas co. so they wouldn't turn off this guy's gas. What really upset me is that I was going to pay $280 for someone else's bill.
Awesome Paddler!! I dont remember who said they wanted olives either! pretty eggs and gorgeous birds!!
And you can pay my bills anytime you wish!! just dont be late!
Quote:

never heard of them!!! they look yums!! did the pan come clean?
lau.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos18 Ne
pop.gif

Quote: How is the coop fairy fairing?

@Sally Sunshine

Update on the Bieles

From Chicken Hill Poultry: Out of 12 eggs I have 2 clears and 10 veining.
From @Papa Brooder : Out of 21 eggs I have 1 Clear, 3 Maybes, and 17 veining!!!!

So I have 27/33 developing!!! Hooray for good packing and handling!!!
sweetness!!! awesome for shipped egggggggies!!!

I don't have a big cooler, silly! :lau I am trying to keep costs down until I know I can succesfully hatch eggs after MG!
-Banti

Edit: My goal is to build an almost free bator, with the exeption of the wafer stat.
if you PM me I will give you the number to reach the poultry guy St MO AG department. He said some of the hatcheries that have tested positive are trying a new method where they dip/treat the eggs. He says it has not gotten the scientific study yet to be accepted but it is being tried. He might be able to tell you what they are trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom