INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are afraid of what? that the Comanches will steal your hair ?

Trust me when I say I'm not afraid of anything. Been prepared to die more than once in my life, came close once and I refuse to die by someone else's hand. Not to mention it is a right, one that I put my life on the line to protect, more than once and pay dearly on a daily basis in pain day in and day out. So I will continue to do as I believe and run my company with employees having the opportunity to carry.

I've been told that I thoroughly enjoy life and work my balls off. They are absolutely correct. I work 12-15 hrs a day to be successful and when it is time to play, I play hard. I guess if you put yourself in my shoes on July 4th, 2003 in Tikrit, Iraq when I was a thread away from not having this life to live, you would understand.

Did'nt meen to offend, just wanted to understend, belive me South Lebanon in 85 was not less hard,
And suicide bombs all over the plase, on a daily baises, and missiles on your house and children every outer year, and random knife attaks every day, dose give me the right to say that I do understend somthing from what you refer to, I just do not understend from what YOU in the USA are worrid from?

Last edited:
Trust me when I say I'm not afraid of anything. Been prepared to die more than once in my life, came close once and I refuse to die by someone else's hand. Not to mention it is a right, one that I put my life on the line to protect, more than once and pay dearly on a daily basis in pain day in and day out. So I will continue to do as I believe and run my company with employees having the opportunity to carry.

I've been told that I thoroughly enjoy life and work my balls off. They are absolutely correct. I work 12-15 hrs a day to be successful and when it is time to play, I play hard. I guess if you put yourself in my shoes on July 4th, 2003 in Tikrit, Iraq when I was a thread away from not having this life to live, you would understand.
Thank you for your service.

I need some help with my first hatch. It's close to the end of day 21, I have three pips, but two are at the wrong end and opposite side of where they should be, and one seems to be closer to the air cell, but on the wrong side. I candled at day 7,14, and 18. I drew the air cells on the eggshell, I set them down with the largest part of the air cell up, but so far they are pipping wrong. They are peeping and I can see their beaks. One had only chipped the shell and not the membrane, so I used small, sterilized scissors to cut a small opening in the membrane so the chick could breathe. I turned the eggs over onto their sides so that the pip wouldn't be on the bottom of the bator. I have been reading Sally's article about malpositions and what to do in those cases, and I'm waiting to see what happens, if they hatch on their own or not. I am a complete newb and I don't understand why so many are malpositioned? What did I do wrong? Here are some pics. Any advice is appreciated.

This doesn't necessarily mean you did anything wrong. If you moved them too much after lockdown then they might not have had a chance to position themselves. If you kept the humidity and temp off kilter then the chicks might be unable to position themselves.
Please don't pick the pips anymore. Give them a chance to absorb their yolk and start zipping which could be 24 hours from the pip.

I need some help with my first hatch. It's close to the end of day 21, I have three pips, but two are at the wrong end and opposite side of where they should be, and one seems to be closer to the air cell, but on the wrong side. I candled at day 7,14, and 18. I drew the air cells on the eggshell, I set them down with the largest part of the air cell up, but so far they are pipping wrong. They are peeping and I can see their beaks. One had only chipped the shell and not the membrane, so I used small, sterilized scissors to cut a small opening in the membrane so the chick could breathe. I turned the eggs over onto their sides so that the pip wouldn't be on the bottom of the bator. I have been reading Sally's article about malpositions and what to do in those cases, and I'm waiting to see what happens, if they hatch on their own or not. I am a complete newb and I don't understand why so many are malpositioned? What did I do wrong? Here are some pics. Any advice is appreciated.

Not sure what to tell you on why so many are malpo.
MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING post #35770

Busy place today
pop.gif

Did'nt meen to offend, just wanted to understend, belive me South Lebanon in 85 was not less hard,
And suicide bombs all over the plase, on a daily baises, and missiles on your house and children every outer year, and random knife attaks every day, dose give me the right to say that I do understend somthing from what you refer to, I just do not understend from what YOU in the USA are worrid from?

I'm not worried about anything just prepared for something I can control.

And suicide bombs all over the plase, on a daily baises, and missiles on your house and children every outer year, and random knife attaks every day, dose give me the right to say that I do understend somthing from what you refer to, I just do not understend from whay YOU in the USA are worrid from?
To understand, Benny, you'd have to have lived here for an extended period of time. Not to speak for Fire, 'cause he's certainly capable of speaking for himself, but some of us choose to be proactive, not reactive. We're sick & tired of having to be increasingly on guard against some fool wanting to rob us, kill us, or otherwise harm us whenever they want, and we choose to be prepared not to allow that to happen if we can help it. Believe it or not, there are actually municipalities in this country where gun ownership for self-protection of the home is required by law, with good reason, Too many of the misguided politicians in our government would have firearms banned; they can't seem to comprehend that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"

I'll climb down from my soapbox now, as I have no desire to turn this into a politically-charged thread, but I think you have the gist of our citizens' ( or some of us, anyway) feelings and beliefs now.

To understand, Benny, you'd have to have lived here for an extended period of time. Not to speak for Fire, 'cause he's certainly capable of speaking for himself, but some of us choose to be proactive, not reactive. We're sick & tired of having to be increasingly on guard against some fool wanting to rob us, kill us, or otherwise harm us whenever they want, and we choose to be prepared not to allow that to happen if we can help it. Believe it or not, there are actually municipalities in this country where gun ownership for self-protection of the home is required by law, with good reason, Too many of the misguided politicians in our government would have firearms banned; they can't seem to comprehend that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"  

I'll climb down from my soapbox now, as I have no desire to turn this into a politically-charged thread, but I think you have the gist of our citizens' ( or some of us, anyway) feelings and beliefs now.

Well said whites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom