INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 11 eggs! Should have 12 by tommorrow. Incubator holds temps and humidity perfectly. So tommorrow we should be incubating!
ya.gif

Now i need a quick reminder, i raise humidity to about 60 on day 18? And until day 7 when i can see air cells i do anout 30-40%? Thanks!

Need some experienced hatching advice. This is my first go and stressed doesn't even cover it. Day 21 yesterday. 3 chicks out and amazing me. One egg external pip noted about 2 am. Pretty big hole. Could see beak peaking out this am. Had to go to work. Husband checked at 11. I am attaching pic. I have video but don't think that will upload. Beak opening and closing like gasping. No cheeps. Yellow froth around face (see pic). He tilted egg slightly to let froth run into towel. Then set it back with pip hole facing up cheeping now. This afternoon, still in egg. I got home and froth had dried and chick stuck. I lubricated with moist qtips and freed him up. Was totally stuck. Chipped away shell slightly and set him back in inc hole up cheeping, resting some, squiggling some. Gonna let him try to work it out. Humidity increased to 75%. Was running 65-70. Any thought on the yellow froth around face and why that happened? Thank you so much! I am learning soooo much!
I don't know what to tell you except the pip hole appears to have missed the air cell. I tagged three others to help you; one of them should be able to help you soon.

Need some experienced hatching advice. This is my first go and stressed doesn't even cover it. Day 21 yesterday. 3 chicks out and amazing me. One egg external pip noted about 2 am. Pretty big hole. Could see beak peaking out this am. Had to go to work. Husband checked at 11. I am attaching pic. I have video but don't think that will upload. Beak opening and closing like gasping. No cheeps. Yellow froth around face (see pic). He tilted egg slightly to let froth run into towel. Then set it back with pip hole facing up cheeping now. This afternoon, still in egg. I got home and froth had dried and chick stuck. I lubricated with moist qtips and freed him up. Was totally stuck. Chipped away shell slightly and set him back in inc hole up cheeping, resting some, squiggling some. Gonna let him try to work it out. Humidity increased to 75%. Was running 65-70. Any thought on the yellow froth around face and why that happened? Thank you so much! I am learning soooo much!

CHICKS Wet? Sticky? Stuck? Yellow Gel? What did I do Wrong? post #25379

And this one MADE IT! Say Hello to "Yolk"
Yolk, a WONDERFUL Story of a Chick that stopped pipping midway and ended up having a yolk sack rupture and a bunch of other issues! It is well worth a read and "Rock" has all the footage to boot!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/704328/diary-notes-air-cell-detatched-shipped-eggs/3100

[COLOR=000000]CHICKS Wet? Sticky? Stuck? Yellow Gel? What did I do Wrong?[/COLOR] post #25379
And this one MADE IT! Say Hello to "Yolk"​
Yolk, a WONDERFUL Story of a Chick that stopped pipping midway and ended up having a yolk sack rupture and a bunch of other issues! It is well worth a read and "Rock" has all the footage to boot!​
Poor Yolk, He's really cute too. I can't imagine how traumatizing it is for a regular chick to come out of its egg, let alone one with lots of problems!

@Sally Sunshine My Mille Fleur eggs came today from Georgia to here in California. All 12 are intact, and 3 have bad saddle cells, 2 others minor saddle cells, and they are looking great for such a long trip! My Ayam Cemani eggs I set yesterday, and 10 are in.

And a question, my Ayam Cemanis are Full sized birds, and will hatch two days before my bantam Mille Fleurs. Should I separate them, or will they be okay growing up together for the first 3 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom