INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm calling it a night early. Night all
frow.gif

Been working on the bator a lot today. Doesn't seem I've gotten very far... I think I may have misunderestimated the amount of time this is going to take to build.

Good luck @klively , I hope it makes it.

Good luck with all those pretty eggs I see arriving for the EHAL. I will probably tag along with the whole deal even though I have one bator that's running with eggs that might not make it and another bator that's not finished and I'm not sure if/when I'll get more eggs to drop in it anyway.

Wishing us all comfortable weather and happiness.
Good night.

What do you guys do with your extra eggs? I'm getting 10 a day and can't get rid of them! Sally what the heck do you do?! You amaze me with your chickens!

I will gladly trade you! :gig
Its been - 15 overnight here the past three days, and daytime highs lucky to hit 0.
The weather forecast is claiming that it is supposed to be in the high 30's by Saturday, but I will believe it when I see it. 

(note: edited for CAPITAL letters, as per Yokel the other night) :lau

Brrrrrr.....I feel you....been cold here too...not quite that cold...but below zero...

;)

I am like Phil, I don`t really mind the cold, just wish it would go away right now though. :fl

Yep...those sub zero temps can go away....other wise I'm good with the cold..

I wish I could say the same. :gig
I lost my truck keys one night, tore the house apart looking for them.
Found them, put them where I thought they were safe, and could not find them again the next day.

Turns out the cat likes shiny things and thought they were fun to play with. 

I do that too...put stuff away so I don't lose it.....then forget where I put it.....:/

Night Yall

Night brother missed you again....

Last edited:
I know it's late but can someone help me out here?

I'm collecting eggs to set on Saturday and right now it's mostly colored eggs because I want some nice EEs from my flock, but sometimes in the nesting box after they throw all the shaving out we get broken egg on some of the good eggs, it's not a lot but it still concerns me. Should I be worried about this or should I just be fine?

I'm collecting eggs to set on Saturday and right now it's mostly colored eggs because I want some nice EEs from my flock, but sometimes in the nesting box after they throw all the shaving out we get broken egg on some of the good eggs, it's not a lot but it still concerns me. Should I be worried about this or should I just be fine?

Don't wash the eggs, but I scrape everything off with my fingernails, just to help. It shouldn't be too much of a worry, I've hatched really dirty eggs

Any way you could cover the front of the nest box with plywood, with a hole large enough for a hen to get into comfortably, and raised enough so she has to step up That should keep the bedding in place.

Check Sally's notes at the beginning of the thread; I believe there's a section on washing eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom