INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[COLOR=333333][COLOR=008080]MALPOSITIONS /PIPS WRONG END are the first to pip and the last DIS after hatch[/COLOR] post #19606[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333][COLOR=008080]Malposition (pipped wrong end) chick most times will hatch! VIDEO[/COLOR] post #22241[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333][COLOR=008080]A WRONG END PIP IS BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL Pip! [/COLOR] post #518454 VIDEO HATCHING post #54642[/COLOR]

Let it alone for now. Read about one a week or so ago that did the same thing & hatched just fine on its own.

A couple of hatches ago I had 6 of my 9 eggs do that. They all hatched just fine on their own.

Thank you!

gig.gif

Quick question:

I've been collecting more eggs to set from my Cream Legbar girl (plan to set about 8). I have 20 chicks coming from a breeder - she's going to set them so they are due March 29 (which means they will be set March 8 or 9 - I need to check my calendar again).

I'd like to set my eggs so my chicks will be the same age as the chicks that are coming, and then put them all together to brood. Alternatively I could set these eggs a little earlier (like today).

Anyone have any comments? Thoughts? It would be a serious struggle to try to brood the chicks separately, hence this idea to put them together...

- Ant Farm
You're only talking a few day's difference. Like Mr. Leeroy, I set 2 batches of eggs back to back, which made the chicks 3 weeks apart. I kept them separate for a bit so the littles could gain strength, and then integrated them. The biggest difficulty doing it this way was that the older chicks had full run of a 4 x 8 loft with 8 x 8 secure run underneath, and I didn't feel that the littles were ready for that much freedom yet. By 2 weeks, the littles were flitting around both levels like a flock of parakeets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom