INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question:

I've been collecting more eggs to set from my Cream Legbar girl (plan to set about 8). I have 20 chicks coming from a breeder - she's going to set them so they are due March 29 (which means they will be set March 8 or 9 - I need to check my calendar again).

I'd like to set my eggs so my chicks will be the same age as the chicks that are coming, and then put them all together to brood. Alternatively I could set these eggs a little earlier (like today).

Anyone have any comments? Thoughts? It would be a serious struggle to try to brood the chicks separately, hence this idea to put them together...

- Ant Farm

Will you be my fwend?
Thought I already was
hu.gif

Quick question:

I've been collecting more eggs to set from my Cream Legbar girl (plan to set about 8). I have 20 chicks coming from a breeder - she's going to set them so they are due March 29 (which means they will be set March 8 or 9 - I need to check my calendar again).

I'd like to set my eggs so my chicks will be the same age as the chicks that are coming, and then put them all together to brood. Alternatively I could set these eggs a little earlier (like today).

Anyone have any comments? Thoughts? It would be a serious struggle to try to brood the chicks separately, hence this idea to put them together...

- Ant Farm

Yes, you can set them today. A week apart is not a big deal, and some people go to two weeks. So a few days is nothing. Besides, babies aren't always on time.

Quick question:

- Ant Farm
I am actually brooding chicks at the moment, and they are a little over 3 weeks apart. The month-olds look like giants compared to the week-olds but they are doing OK together. I didn't put them together until the newest ones were about 3 days old though just to let them get a little stronger. This is just my experience though.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom