INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now.........we wait

Very nice!

The problem with that is the first 30+ hours all that was in the water was save a chick and half a T of sugar in half a gallon mixed. Beats me all the sickly looking ones died 4 br, 2 SLW, 4 rainbow, 2 golden nuggets, a Welsummer, a leghorn, and two red rangers. The rest seem to be running around and are fine no matter which brooder they are in since they are in two.
I will remember that though.

If you are anywhere near your state capital you can usually get free necropsies done by the Agriculture Department. You have probably already disposed of these chicks but it is something to consider if you have a die off problem again.

The breeder that I bought my hatching eggs from today recommended that I spray my cream legbar eggs with luke warm water from days 1-18. He said it softens up the shell making it easier for them to break out. I know that you do for ducks but for chickens? Does anyone else spray their chicken eggs?

Last edited:
Odd question but can somebody list what ayam cemani are worth at these ages. Day olds, juvenile, adult, dozen hatching eggs. Any help would be amazing but I'm just curious because I see diffrent prices everywhere. :D

The price totally reflects what you buy -like with most things.

Eggs/birds from the few people who have been working hard with AC are well worth the price and way better that getting them from GFF IMO. However a huge number people just got them to make a fast buck, and sold every chick from substandrd parents expecting to get the similar $$ as those working hard on them. Many of those people have now abandoned them as the good breeders are becoming recognized.
There is also a lot of worthless and mixed breed around being sold as pure ayam cemani, especially on eBay.

Unfortunately your question is pretty impossible to answer as a simple "list" .

So the upshot is buyer beware- do your homework. It is not hard to see who is worth buying from.

If you want to buy to breed yourself, get the best stock of started birds you can afford, but be aware that the competition is tough. If it is for backyard beatification then buying lesser examples or culls much cheaper is just fine and will save you $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom