INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,fluffed up.
adorable

Okay, So I have Permethrin concentrate with 13.30% Permethrin in it. It says to dilute 8 ounces into 16.5 gallons of water and spray 1/2 ounces of that solution per bird or 1 gallon for 100 birds.

I have max 12 birds to treat so I think I should be safe only making a single gallon of diluted solution. So 1/2 ounce concentrate to a gallon of water, then I mist all the coops and bedding and stuff. Would this also be misted on the birds themselves or would I put some in a little dropper bottle and apply the diluted liquid directly onto their skin?

for treating poultry lice.

Last edited:
So lately, I have been only getting around a dozen eggs a day out of my 40+ hen's. And, since I have been home for spring break, I let them out to free range. Well, I decided that I would go out in the bushes and look for a "secret" nest where they have been laying their eggs. And I found this!

It was under one of my mesquite trees with a bunch of grass made into a little hideout.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the crossed between a Gold Laced Polish roo and a SLW hen? Or a Gold Laced Polish roo and a White crested black polish hen? I want to make a sex link with the SLW mix and I just want to see what the 2 polish colors combined look like. Does anyone have these for me to know what I might get?

I don't have any polish but did cross my SLW with a few different breed hens and with black being dominant in those crosses, I got all offspring with a black base color, 2 had some degree of lacing. This genetics calculator was right on when I looked up what I would get. Hope it can help you with your crosses:
http://www.breedbook.org/?action=geneticscalculator&tab=CHICKEN

Welcome to our wild, crazy, informative world, where there's a ton of gathered information and no such thing as a dumb question

Well if that's the case. Are Zebra's black with white stripes or white with black stripes?

I would have to say black with white stripes.

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom