INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about only 50% of eggs drawing down. Wouldn't raising humidity not allow draw down?
Draw down happens as they absorb the moisture in the shell I think. Raising humidity wouldn't hurt if it's during lockdown. humidity should be around 60-70% anyway.
:clap
Started with 24 eggs 3 were clear 1 chick died during the zipping process 16 have hatched and 4 remain...I think they are dead. We are on day 23 now. Two of the eggs that hatched were from our blue/green egg layer mixed with our Buff Orpington rooster. It's so funny how different they look from each other. The one without stripes hatched yesterday it almost looks like the BO chicks but it's lighter in color and it has poofy cheeks. Is this because the hen has feathers on her cheeks? Also, if anyone could tell me what breed the hen is. What color eggs do you get when mixing a brown layer with a blue/green layer?
:love
Good morning/afternoon [COLOR=5E5E5E] [/COLOR] [COLOR=5E5E5E]@Sally Sunshine 10 Guests Akrnaf2 [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]BantyChooks [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]Jessimom [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]Yorkshire coop [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]attimus [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]billiejw89 [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]chicken hawk 33 [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]country lovin [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]daxigait kwhites634 [/COLOR] [COLOR=5E5E5E] [/COLOR] [COLOR=5E5E5E]-Kathy[/COLOR]
Hi KAT!! :hugs Question for you on niacin for these ancona ducklings, they are wasting about a third of their water to the pan under it, should I add more than 100 mg per gal?
I have a bunch of niacin data that I'm putting together. As for adding more to the gallon, you don't need to, 'cause they'll still drink the same amount. -Kathy

Another chick hatched!
yayyaya
Bad news... the Janoel and I killed all but one of my Easter HAL duck eggs.

-Kathy
what happened

Found a good example of what a critically ill bird looks like:

Turkey, chicken, duck, goose, whatever... if it looks like this it's very close to death.

-Kathy
idunno.gif

Well our friend who works at Zaventem Airport finally got home. They put him on the crew to clean up the bomb site. I don't know exactly what he saw, but he's been silent since he got home and considering he's a really fun-loving and easygoing guy it worries me.

In regards to chickens, I built half of the fence that will enclose the footpath to the run and the garden, so tomorrow I should have it done and the girls can go and forage.
hugs.gif

Do I put the wafer thermostat between the light bulbs or on the end of the cooler....

@sarasweatman forgot yer doing geese, need to cover the fan with wire for you
he.gif
I am only on half brain today!

But it will be ready!! Up and running!! save those little frozen food meal containers for the bottom, use the one with sections, I only have one to put in there for you!

fame sits on those bolts to lift off bottom and these freezer meal trays are perfect

784392.jpg

14 reviews ratings
Q&A
By: Coleman
Walmart #: 552035097
k2-_3cfd61f7-adcd-4919-af59-1b9a1da29866.v1.jpg-152afedce20253fc415f4b19b5c76813493ad350-optim-450x450.jpg

Order Wafer Thermostat for Hova-Bator Egg Incubators | Cabinet | Desktop| Brooder 3122

Price:
US $22.75

Wafer Thermostat for Hova-Bator Egg Incubators | Cabinet | Desktop| Brooder 3122
( 270949887789 )
Quantity: 2

I have also purchased a STC because I want to try one in mine, to COMPARE with the wafers I love so much

ITEM PRICE:
US $15.80

Universal STC-1000 Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat w/ Sensor AC 110V

LL

The fans I ordered, and I ordered higher cfm and rpms so I may have to adjust humidity more because of the fan, but I wanted more air flow in them anyways.

Lot 2PCS New 80mm IDE Chassis Fan Cooling for Computer PC Host 4 Pins

Price:
US $6.99 for two, I ordered 4 total because I need to have extras on hand just in case.

Features:
1. Silent Fan Cooling System
2. Special high profile fan blades for maximum air flow
4. 4 Pins Connector Male and Female
5. Provide excellent ventilation for your PC cases

Specification:
Speed reference: 1800 +/-10% RPM
Bearing Type: Sleeve Bearing
Noise Reference: 23 db
Reference air flow: 60CFM
Rated Voltage: 12V
Rated Current: 0.18A
Interface Type: 4 Pins Male and Female
Length: 11.8inches
Size: 3.1 x 3.1 x 1 in(L x W x H)
Color: black

Package include:
2 x Computer Chassis Fan

two per cooler, cheap at lowes ceramic
LL

I got my major parts for two bators, @sarasweatman coming to your home soon!!
just need to get the minor shtuffss!!!!1

BTW this cooler interior is 10"x21" and 12" depth and its a 52 quart
If I do more after this I would go a bit larger on the interior. I forgot this cooler is a good thick insulated cooler and that takes up
space and makes the inside smaller. keep that in mind should you order any!

wh

I pulled him out of his shell in warm water. He is barely breathing and getting worse. Anything I can do to keep him alive at this point?
hugs.gif

I,want a incubator.

I buillt all mine or I wouldnt have them!

sweet
AQuote:
I got the crazy bator syndrome too

DH is out of town for a month so the one bator has become 5 ....... And in 3 weeks it will be one again.

#Secret lives.....
hide.gif

OH yes!!! THE SECRET LIVES!!! bawhahahhahahaaaa

\
Quote: yes lovely!!!
love.gif
and ALL eggs IN BETWEEN!!
fl.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:
@BantyChooks

Thought about you today.
I was in TSC, and they have a gang of fuzzy, black widdle duckieeeeeessssss, and they're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom