INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: I know right!!! I am so excited overthese eggsgggggggsssss

Today was a great day! A bunch of chicks hatched. 3 to be exact with 2 more pippers.
And I ordered my broilers today and added a bantam Cochin for good measure. Not to mention it was my birthday!
WHAT??????????????????????????? you didnt tell me it was your bday?????? Did you tell me and it got deleted???? OMGGGGGG dannnnngggggg

BANTIIIIII
crazy-dance.gif

Tom-and-Jerry.gif

Today was a great day! A bunch of chicks hatched. 3 to be exact with 2 more pippers.
And I ordered my broilers today and added a bantam Cochin for good measure. Not to mention it was my birthday!

@shahtir101 HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY sweets!!!!!
happybelatedbirthdayJonZer0.jpg

abb07ff920c069dcc4118a3a423cd62f993ca0b8a84cb30dbcc0bae76a4f0028.jpg
5.gif

happy-belated-birthday-31-62600.gif

What do the instructions say?

-Kathy
Just returned from the vet; worms, like I suspected. Can't remember specifically which variety she said (a bit hard to understand), but two I'm sure of are whips & rounds; I think hooks is the other one. She prescribed Fenbendazole dewormer pellets for goats & sheep, available @ TSC. 1/2 lb mixed into 3-day supply of feed, followed in 2 weeks by the same dose.

Interestingly, she asked if they are laying hens or strictly pets ( I guess pets don't lay egg
tongue.png
. It seems the FDA stipulates that the eggs can never again be eaten by humans, although the vet said there are no reasons, health-wise, not to. England & I believe Ireland have no such restrictions. If the hens are strictly pets, however, there are no such restrictions. So, my hens have suddenly become unnamed pets (as suggested by my friendly, accommodating vet).

Does all this match up with what you know?

Incidentally, the fecal exam was only $15 and was done while I waited. I didn't think that was too bad at all.

Quote:
celebrate.gif
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Lockdown for me! I set 12 hours early (on the 4th)... We will be away on Easter.
1 Cream Legbar
1 Olive Egger
1 Lavender Cochin
1 possible barred rock/lav orp cross
10 blue laced red wyandottes
10 lavender Orpingtons
1f64f.png
1f423.png
1f64f.png
1f423.png
1f64f.png
1f423.png
1f64f.png
1f423.png
1f64f.png
1f423.png
Excited-GIF.gif

So should i mix electrolytes with the chicks water?
yes just for a day! dont add extra!! do as instructions say!

Putting these eggs on lockdown!
45-im-so-excited-gif-466.gif

Quote: HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAA I wish I could GIVE THEM ALL TO YOU BENNY!!!!

Yay!!! One of the Mille Fleur eggs just hatched! 7/10 are pipped already!

tumblr_nynaqyKbHu1ucih4vo1_500.gif

Quote: AWESOME!!! THANK goodness someone else fights the meal worm craze!!!!

WE HAVE ZIPPING!

excited-gif13.gif

Morning folks. On the agenda today:

- Finish the fence for the hens to forage safely
- Look into selling the corn snakes
- Look into pricing a bearded dragon (since we have all the stuff that will actually not be as expensive as TWO snakes)
- Bake bread because I really want a sandwich
- Get some actual work done with a commission and the soap company

Time for extra-large caffeine and some noms.
AWESOME work for the day!!

Yolk sac is still attached, is this normal?
yes normal

Morning all!!

The hatching has started. these are starting day 21 today. We had 1 hatch last night, and 2 this morning. 10 more to go!

I'll be moving all my easter HAL eggs into lockdown tonight. So, I'll have 2 'bators locking down chicks and 1 brewing the next ones. My broody hens are still sitting on 2 of the 10 needing to hatch. As of 7 am, they hadn't done anything. The hens are still sitting. Go chickies go!!
woot.gif
Congratulations!

My silked seramas got here today!

They are adorable, oops I mean handsome!

Five eggs from the Ancona for making red and white easter eggs, ten hardboiled eggs, six sent off with the inlaws, and seven just sitting around until use. Today is a good day.
Glad you are having a good day!

It's been awhile since I've been online. I have silver laced Polish that just hatched and have Tolbunt Polish, Turkens, one bantam Cochin and one Olive Egger due to hatch tomorrow.
1f603.png
So cute!

Nah, you canardly tell what kinda chicken it is.
yuckyuck.gif
Oh I am remembering this one! Reminds me of when I was a kid at a family reunion over Thanksgiving. My mother's brother was on his 3rd marriage. He had a boy from each of the former marriages and she had two girls from her first. She was about 6 months pregnant and we were good naturedly teasing her what they should name the little girl. We were throwing out all these old fashioned horrendous names like Heptsuba, Hortense and so forth. We had her all "no, No, Nope!" and then Great Uncle Amos said, "You should name her Onyx." We all glared at Uncle Amos for not sticking with the game because while unusual, Onyx is a beautiful name. He took a breath totally unfazed by our eye daggers and said,"Yep, Onyxpected." We roared and she blushed head to toe. Uncle Amos had outgamed us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom