INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read the glossaries and tried to find the definition of some terms but I can't... Would someone explain the terms draw down and other terms noted in discussions about the air cell?
Is there somewhere I should look for this info?

Here is what I found the meaning of drawdown to be...

Draw down is when the air cell is lower on one side. This is an indication that the chick has turned and is facing the air cell. As the chick pierces the inner membrane at the edge of the air cell the membrane will form tightly over the body. The lowest point is called the internal pip

night everyone!!! Happy late Easter!!
frow.gif
hugs.gif

He is Risen!

whites
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

'Night, Kid
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

@fire370 If you process cockrels, do you know if the first one is what Hoover Hatchery calls a red ranger, and if the second is the same type or the other dual/meat bird they call rainbows?

BTW does anyone know if the one in the background of the second picture is a brown Leghorn? March 1 chicks.
I have so many chicks types I have never had so it is hard. I was hoping to use numbers, but you all know I lost so many of who knows what that I can't.
As they get older and feather out it will become much easier.

Yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom