INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So! Who is everyone's favorite singer? My chickens are all singers, and the ducks came to me as half singers (he was, she is now). So... Give me some names!

Count your blessings and be prepared for grandchildren. I have four boys and three adults in a tiny 800 square foot house. I had to stop working last year for health reasons and my husband is doing all he can. I get help from my folks when I need it. Thank GOD!! But I keep telling myself that this is the beginning of bigger better things. My kids are smart and healthy. We are probably closer than most families in our neighborhood because we have to be. I cant wait to get out of suburbia.. but it is what it is for now.

We did our first hatch in our little 700sq ft apartment. Most of Uglybator was scrounged out of the dumpsters! Haha, must be why he is so Ugly! All 4 of us slept in one giant family bed because my spouse needed the second bedroom to do school and work. Life was a riot,very tight financially, but so much fun! I honestly miss that little apartment sometimes...
263a.png
This year we moved to a little town because it was so economically priced. Now I have a beautiful old house, a nice yard, wonderful neighbors and MY OWN coop. Even though we still live modestly I feel like we are living the dream.

Kids'll do that to you. It turns your brain to oatmeal. Lol
This man speaks the truth!

What is the hatch rate on average for black copper marans? I'm lookin to diversify my egg basket next year. And is there any breed that gives nice white eggs but isn't a white leghorn? And what about a breed that always lays blue but doesn't break the bank to buy?
California whites, they are a cross of California grey & Leghorn. They lay white.

Count your blessings and be prepared for grandchildren. I have four boys and three adults in a tiny 800 square foot house. I had to stop working last year for health reasons and my husband is doing all he can. I get help from my folks when I need it. Thank GOD!! But I keep telling myself that this is the beginning of bigger better things. My kids are smart and healthy. We are probably closer than most families in our neighborhood because we have to be. I cant wait to get out of suburbia.. but it is what it is for now.

We did our first hatch in our little 700sq ft apartment. Most of Uglybator was scrounged out of the dumpsters! Haha, must be why he is so Ugly! All 4 of us slept in one giant family bed because my spouse needed the second bedroom to do school and work. Life was a riot,very tight financially, but so much fun! I honestly miss that little apartment sometimes...
263a.png
This year we moved to a little town because it was so economically priced. Now I have a beautiful old house, a nice yard, wonderful neighbors and MY OWN coop. Even though we still live modestly I feel like we are living the dream.

Kids'll do that to you. It turns your brain to oatmeal. Lol
This man speaks the truth!

What is the hatch rate on average for black copper marans? I'm lookin to diversify my egg basket next year. And is there any breed that gives nice white eggs but isn't a white leghorn? And what about a breed that always lays blue but doesn't break the bank to buy?
California whites, they are a cross of California grey & Leghorn. They lay white.

Really? Cool! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom