INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have more baby bunnies , snowball has about 6 babies i didnt want to stir her nest up to much but there could be more or less

@Phil http://wholefedhomestead.com/what-temperature-can-a-duck-survive/ this is interesting from someone who had their ducks survive the super cold.
Not sure if the oil in their feathers, or the down ( if they even have down) keeps them warm, but I'd think they're better off with another bird or two to share body heat. Never saw one shivering, though
idunno.gif

Ain't there an artist who has a tree growing something like twenty different fruit varieties on the same tree? I recall reading about it (really fascinating, I love learning about garden techniques like grafting) and I can't recall the name or what all he grafted.

Yes- more than that...all stone fruits. I believe he was in Norway or Sweden
1f609.png

keep me informed on how the grafting goes I might do some tomatoes this year...

I've sent away for the root stock seed on the tomatoes. Maxifort is the one I use for grafting tomatoes they do really well in drought situations as roots are massive. And the plants do better in colder times. Not as cold as you are right now!

Here's picture of tool used to make cuts. I had more but phone lost them? The top picture is of a green and brown color grafted. It's holding in place only because of the cut the tool make. Sorry it's a bit hard to see

I've sent away for the root stock seed on the tomatoes. Maxifort is the one I use for grafting tomatoes they do really well in drought situations as roots are massive. And the plants do better in colder times. Not as cold as you are right now!

Here's picture of tool used to make cuts. I had more but phone lost them? The top picture is of a green and brown color grafted. It's holding in place only because of the cut the tool make. Sorry it's a bit hard to see

Very similar to the knife I have for cutting PVC

We keep ours like the commercial orchards in our area do, they're espalier pruned and kept pretty much the same height and shape their whole lives. Sort of like this: Only difference is that they're completely freestanding. I've seen trees that are twenty years old in the monastery orchard that are still the same size and shape as you'd see in the fields..
Wow that's nice. I tried to do that once but didn't work out. Grew too wild

Not sure if the oil in their feathers, or the down ( if they even have down) keeps them warm, but I'd think they're better off with another bird or two to share body heat. Never saw one shivering, though
idunno.gif

We housed them indoor for my NYH baby ducks first week of life. The were so messy and stinky I kicked them out to the barn and gave them a heat lamp. I NEVER EVER saw them use it though. I couldn't believe it. The way baby chicks act, like they are dying if its 5 degrees too cold for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom