INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country lovin's post just reminds me about the depressing fact that we live in this "use and discard" society.

Children are not disposable. They are a commitment for life (or at least till 18) and are the product of what personal they experience growing up.

This poor kid has been discarded by her mother. Now her father's new family is taking over her life.
If she does not like the decoration let her change it.
To ask the artist to destroy her own gifted work yet shows a total lack of respect for his sister and her efforts. If this is how he treats people in general his dd will likley be a delinquent teen.

Sorry for rant. Off soap box now

I don't know if it will help but just adding that I was going through my watch list on EBay and I saw this rotisserie motor I was considering using with a timer for my yet to be built turning racks. What do you think?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271467738979?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I bought a GQF-style replacement turner to save time and make sure it worked, but if I were rolling my own, I would get a Linear Actuator and digital timer or microcontroller like an Arduino or Rapsberry Pi.

Oy vey.... I just checked on the chickens, and Jace had gotten herself so dirty! She scratched bedding, FRESH poop, and feed into her water bowl, then dumped that mash into the rest of her bedding, and took a dust bath in the shavings.... Now she is soaked and filthy!
sickbyc.gif

So.... What's the best way to bathe a dirty chicken? just plain water?

@ChickenCanoe yes, I knew the term on a boat, just not in relation to chickens. I just got mine starting in August of last year.

oooh. Good luck!

good luck! I wish I could have ducks!

Thanks everyone! We haven't ever hatched eggs before, we were only gifted a little giant styrofoam incubator a few weeks ago and then were gifted some duck eggs yesterday by our goat breeder to experimentally hatch.

We have muscovies, but they aren't laying yet. Freeloaders.
rant.gif

What humidity should we aim for? It's at 48% right now. Trying to figure out what temp we should set the heater at too. Right now our little giant temp is reading right around 100.6, but our more accurate digital thermometer is saying 99. We're going to add our mixed breed chicken eggs to the incubator next Monday too.

Last edited:
Oy vey.... I just checked on the chickens, and Jace had gotten herself so dirty! She scratched bedding, FRESH poop, and feed into her water bowl, then dumped that mash into the rest of her bedding, and took a dust bath in the shavings.... Now she is soaked and filthy!
sickbyc.gif

So.... What's the best way to bathe a dirty chicken? just plain water?
Put her in the washing machine, hold the spin cycle
lau.gif

Thanks everyone! We haven't ever hatched eggs before, we were only gifted a little giant styrofoam incubator a few weeks ago and then were gifted some duck eggs yesterday by our goat breeder to experimentally hatch.

We have muscovies, but they aren't laying yet. Freeloaders.
rant.gif

What humidity should we aim for? It's at 48% right now. Trying to figure out what temp we should set the heater at too. Right now our little giant temp is reading right around 100.6, but our more accurate digital thermometer is saying 99. We're going to add our mixed breed chicken eggs to the incubator next Monday too.
You need to read the notes at the beginning of this thread. It covers about everything you never knew you wanted to know, including how to calibrate thermometers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom