INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some quail eggs due to hatch the same day as some Goose eggs is there a way to seperate them in the same incubator?

WAKE UPPPP
[COLOR=000000]HUMIDITY[/COLOR][COLOR=000000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]Humidity is NOT a set number![/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000]Its a tool to get the correct weight loss in the egg![/COLOR] post #8924 [COLOR=008080]see[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Hatching Eggs 101[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]WHY do we need less humidity to get the best weight loss for colored hatching eggs during incubation?[/COLOR][COLOR=008080] [/COLOR] post #36320 [COLOR=008080]KEEPING MOLD and BACTERIAL from growing in water WELLS during incubation[/COLOR] post #1644 [COLOR=008080]USING a aquarium pump to humidify incubator Begin post[/COLOR] post #42512 [COLOR=008080]TIPS n TRICKS to raising humidity in incubators[/COLOR] post #42512 depends on what humidity you need????
I read everything you wrote on humidity already. But he was telling me about a method called Dry incubation. But dont worry i found what i was looking for.

Here,is the hen and drake I'm getting.

lovely CH!!! scovy pretties
Good evening everyone!
Just got 2 dozen eggs locally a mix of some marans, giants, silver win, austros, sussex, welsummer. Have no idea which eggs are which (except for the marans) will be setting these on Saturday for the hatch along
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png

It's so hard resisting setting them now!
sweet!!!!

I have some quail eggs due to hatch the same day as some Goose eggs is there a way to seperate them in the same incubator?
TIPS KEEP CHICKS SEPARATE IN THE HATCHER post #44668

Here,is the hen and drake I'm getting.
lovely CH!!! scovy pretties
Good evening everyone! Just got 2 dozen eggs locally a mix of some marans, giants, silver win, austros, sussex, welsummer. Have no idea which eggs are which (except for the marans) will be setting these on Saturday for the hatch along
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png
It's so hard resisting setting them now!
sweet!!!!
[COLOR=008080]TIPS KEEP CHICKS SEPARATE IN THE HATCHER [/COLOR] post #44668
Thank you Sally!

Have you been having humidity issues with your hatches?
Hi Mike,

I started having trouble around my 5th hatch. We got a new incubator for lockdown after killing the one we were using. I went from having 85 - 95% hatch rates to ZERO, to 10% hatch rates? So, I was looking to change EVERYTHING. We were going to just add the oxygen, but it was suggested we add warm moist air. It doesn't seem to impact the humidity much (if at all).

Unfortunately I added the air pump at the same time I made a lot of other changes, so I can't confirm the air pump helped. I just hatched the last 2 sets of eggs I had brewing. About day 10 on the first to hatch is when I had upped the temps in my incubator (day 6 for the next). That first batch, I had 5 out of 15 hatch, one had it's insides hanging out and died, and one had to be culled. The second set 4 out of 4 hatched healthy. So, I know my temps were an issue. But I do think the extra oxygen helped.

I was wondering if it wold hurt to keep it in throughout the entire process. I never add water the first 18 days - my house runs around 35%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom