INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked on my doe and I think my predictions were right! Hopefully some little babies tomorrow!
I wish you were here to teach me. Four of my five does are first timers, and one I a a bit worried about since she was not an intentional breeding. She is a bit too young.

Quote:
hugs.gif
fl.gif

I wish you were here to teach me. Four of my five does are first timers, and one I a a bit worried about since she was not an intentional breeding. She is a bit too young.

Read up on assisting births. Have Dawn liquid soap on hand for lubrication, Have clean old towels. If the baby is born but not breathing, grab by the back feet and swing them to make the blood go to the brain and the fluid in the lungs to expel. Mind keep a grip on them so they don't go flying. They are slippery little suckers.

I am still a newbe too. Fortunately, I have some close friends who have been breeding goats for about 10 years. They have helped me a lot and let me come help when they had a goat give birth. I wish you the best of luck! Please keep me updated

Hi all! It's gotten quiet!! I asked earlier, but didn't see a response. I am using a fish tank air bubbler to blow moist warm air into my incubator. I have just used it at lockdown. Should I leave it in for the entire 21 days?

Thanks!!

Quote:

da da da daaaa da da da da daaaa da
celebrate.gif

Hello everyone! So I have everything in order on the coolerbator build. Just playing with the thermostat (pretty much all day so far ) It's a little annoying but I think I'm getting it. So with a wafer thermostat what is the degree variance? I'm getting with this one that it has to fall a whole degree in order to kick on. Is this the case with a wafer as well? It seems to be holding well though. I have added jars of water and am going to try my spot check thermometer in the water wiggler and see how much the water temp changes. Here are some pics, don't mind the temp reading I just did some adjustments while taking pictures
wink.png

I still think you are going to help yourself tremendously by adding 4 more 3/4"-7/8" vent holes. As you are facing the cooler, one to right side a couple of inches from the side, same on the left and then mirror them into the back.

Like this? And the same on the front??

Yes!!!!! You are on the ball! I do still think you need a bigger fan too or add another one but you need the venting as well.

s-l500.jpg
110V AC Temperature Controller Digital Outlet Thermostat + Sensor Probe ITC-308

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110V-AC-Tem...Thermostat-Sensor-Probe-ITC-308-/151924031209

Have Passed CE and RoHs Certifications.

Main features:
-Plug and play design, easy to use;
-Dual relay output, be able to connect with refrigeration and heating equipment at the same time;
-Support reading with Centigrade or Fahrenheit unit;
-Maximum output load: 1000W(110V)/2000W(220V);
-Dual display window, be able to display measured temperature and set temperature at the same time;
-Temperature calibration;
-Compressor delay protection for refrigeration control High and low temperature alarms are available;
-Over-temperature and sensor fault alarm
-Heating/Cooling differential function could be set separately for refrigeration and heating to protect temperature controller from violent change.

Specification:

-Temperature Control Range : -50~99 °C / -58~210 ° F
-Temperature Resolution: 0.1 ° C / 0.1° F Temperature Accuracy: ±1°C (-50 ~ 70°C) / ±1°F (-50 ~ 160° F)
-Temperature Control Mode :On/Off Control, Heating and Cooling
-Input Power: 100 ~240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz
-Temperature Control Output: Max. 8.5A, 100V ~240V AC
-Buzzer Alarm: High and Low Temperature Alarm
-Sensor Type: NTC sensor (Including)
-Sensor Length: 2m / 6.56ft
-Input Power Cable Length: 1.5m (5ft)
-Output Power Cable Length: 30cm (1ft)
-Dimension Body: 140x68x33mm (5.5x2.7x1.3inch)
-Socket: 85x42x24mm(3.3x1.7x1inch)
-Ambient Temperature: -30~ 75 ° C / -22~ 167 ° F
-Storage Temperature: -20~ 60 ° C / -4~ 140 ° F
-Humidity 20~85% (No Condensate)
-Warranty: 1 Year

Package Content:

1x ITC-308 temperature controller;
1x Manual

MANUAL IN PDF ITC-308 Plug and Play Temperature Controller - Ink-Bird
Hello everyone! So I have everything in order on the coolerbator build. Just playing with the thermostat (pretty much all day so far ) It's a little annoying but I think I'm getting it. So with a wafer thermostat what is the degree variance? I'm getting with this one that it has to fall a whole degree in order to kick on. Is this the case with a wafer as well? It seems to be holding well though. I have added jars of water and am going to try my spot check thermometer in the water wiggler and see how much the water temp changes. Here are some pics, don't mind the temp reading I just did some adjustments while taking pictures
wink.png

The final numbers are in! ( I think) Day 22 !!
STYROBATOR COOLER BATOR

SHIPPED
6/7 7/9

LOCAL
8/8 6/8

TOTAL HATCHED TOTAL HATCHED

14/15 13/17
93% 76%

In my final notes I would like to add. I have been hatching out of my styro (Hovabator 1588 forced air) many times. I know how to get the temp I want and the eggs were in an automatic turner. I didn't open the bator or touch the eggs much at all. I also know exactly what to do to get the humidity I want and don't have to make a lot of adjustments.

In the Cooler, this was my first time incubating eggs in it. I had some issues I had to work out right off in the beginning. I'm going to make some adjustments (bigger fan) first off. I think my humidity was a bit high during the hatch but I was afraid to open it up and adjust it so I left it. I think this was a great learning experience and (with minor adjustments) I'm ready to hatch again!

The local eggs came to me fresh (within 6 days) I did have quite a few clears. I had set 24 and only 16 went in to lockdown.
The shipped eggs were amazing. They came from Papas Poultry and were delivered in 2 days. They traveled from Redding CA to Portland OR. The aircells were all small and intact. I ordered a doz but got many extras! My totals of shipped were 18 set and 16 went into lockdown. Of the 16 in lockdown 14 hatched!
@chicknlove any updates or additions or anything you want to edit add? you can make a page out of this or something and add to it. let me know though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom