INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think there is any possibility of saving him? I'm not too worried if I can't. Should I cull him to end his suffering? I have pregnazone and menacyclene... Will the antibiotic fight it or will it just help in the meantime? I'm thinking he might have cancer, but I don't know.
Might be best just to euthanize him and ship him off to off to UC Davis for a free necropsy. I think he's probably too young for cancer. Poop looks like a bacterial infection to me.

-Kathy

Ok I have a question for any people who raises turkeys I have a turkey hen who sets on her eggs at night and then she gets off of them all day so would that kill the chicks when they start to form when she gets off of them all day I would put her in the chicken coop but then she hops up on the roost and pecks the chickens in the face plus my rooster don't like her

His poop looks just like in the pictures from The Chicken Chick. The same to me. The one in the nest box is full of the poop that looks like the picture.

I just had one like this and she had a protozoa, which was probably blackhead, though it could have been giardia.

-Kathy

She passed away
hit.gif
:hit:hit
The one with the yolk? So sorry.

-Kathy

I put food and water in there for him again, and this time he ate a ton and drank a lot! He touched nothing last time. Maybe he just has severe diarrhea, but I don't really think so. He just looks like he's too tired and maybe heat exhaustion of some sort? We had a bunch of cold days with harsh cold wind here, and it suddenly is really hot. Maybe it out a ton of stress on his body? He seems to be perking up now that I have him in the cool house. But he's still staying inside overnight.

Ok I have a question for any people who raises turkeys I have a turkey hen who sets on her eggs at night and then she gets off of them all day so would that kill the chicks when they start to form when she gets off of them all day I would put her in the chicken coop but then she hops up on the roost and pecks the chickens in the face plus my rooster don't like her
I don't do turkeys, but I'd think they wouldn't hatch w/o the warmth of mama or a 'bator.

She might just be sleeping on the eggs... Try moving them over a few feet and see what happens. Being off them for that long would definently kill anything developing.

I put food and water in there for him again, and this time he ate a ton and drank a lot! He touched nothing last time. Maybe he just has severe diarrhea, but I don't really think so. He just looks like he's too tired and maybe heat exhaustion of some sort? We had a bunch of cold days with harsh cold wind here, and it suddenly is really hot. Maybe it out a ton of stress on his body? He seems to be perking up now that I have him in the cool house. But he's still staying inside overnight.
Don't get your hopes up... sometimes they perk up right before they die, but keeping him inside is best. It's not heat exhaustion, it's something more serious. Like @Fire Ant Farm
said, could be Marek's. So many things it could be.

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom