INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe two weeks

hugs.gif

Your call. I'd probably clean them

They are very difficult to see. Tiny and quick.

I don't think ours are escapees. I believe they're wild type. They're typical of the wild color.

How long have the eggs been incubating?
If a short period, I'd clean them. If close to hatching, leave them alone.
My thinking is that the feces on the eggs long term could be a problem.
I had a broody fill the nest with feces the last couple days before hatching. I guess she never got up. She apparently thought the hatch was imminent or the hatch was protracted.
All the chicks were fine.
Maybe what i saw wasn't a mink, then; it looked as big as a house cat with a long, fox-like tail, and all black.

Maybe what i saw wasn't a mink, then; it looked as big as a house cat with a long, fox-like tail, and all black.
Do you have martens or fishers where you live?

The one in the picture is a full grown mink.
Weasels don't have as thick of bodies but longer tails. They're lighter brown with a much lighter underside.
Both can squeeze through a 1" opening.

I think we have 3 different species of weasels. The least is most common around here and can get in the smallest openings.

Gunna change the bedding too
Definitely.

Last edited:
I finally found a body of one of the baby chickens. Looked like it was grabbed a few times and escaped, but maybe died from stress of running in the dark? It's hard to tell. And of course it was my favorite one that I found. No one else has showed up that I can see, and definitely no babies. I went through our horrible security footage, and saw the fox definently attacked the baby tractor first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom