INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any progress?? :fl

Not really.

I flicked almost all the shell off & have been keeping the white thick membrane wet. There is a clear sack like thing between the white and the duckling. I can't open it any more because there are some veins still. Not sure what to do..

Yeah, I say wait.... Veins means not ready. If it gets out now it will very likely have an unabsorbed sac, and that leads to a host of other issues.... Have you read the assisted hatch article?

Just try to relax..... I'm a nervous wreck whenever I have chicks hatching as well.
hugs.gif

Yeah, I say wait.... Veins means not ready. If it gets out now it will very likely have an unabsorbed sac, and that leads to a host of other issues.... Have you read the assisted hatch article? Just try to relax..... I'm a nervous wreck whenever I have chicks hatching as well.
hugs.gif
I might have when I was incubating last November. These were from the hen (it's her first hatch). I am hands off except for keeping it moist.

The system is SO slow today. I keep getting errors when I try to read by, so sorry - I loved the goat in passenger seat photo Dax!!! Awesome. I hope the vet visit went well. The Broody with babies trying to roost was so cute!! My broody keeps jumping up into one of the nesting boxes and 3 chicks follow, but the lone silkie baby has to be lifted into the box at night. It just sits on the ground crying, and mom coos at it, but it is a scardy cat...

Ok the best news I could have gotten....the compliance officer came up and walked my whole yard. Says that it's an amazing piece of land - that the complaints that have come in are just jealous neighbors that are stuck on 6,000 foot lots. He said he appreciated how easy we were to deal with, and how much effort we have put in to comply. He said most people ignore them, dodge them, and block their calls - they have to go to the properties forcefully (to me-that is sad.)

We have 1 shed that is too close to the other and we are already in the process of moving it. He'll come back in 2 weeks to re-check. The chickens, he said he didn't see ANY reason why I can't get approval of an overlay. But that would take time.

When we mentioned 4H - he said that if we can show him that my daughter is enrolled with 4h, then he will close the complaint about chickens and never open another. The city passed a law, that allows 4h members to have up to 6 chickens - but NOBODY ever counts the number of birds. If we have roosters - all that goes away. I can lose all of them. Roosters are banned!

So, the first 4H meeting we are going to is this Tuesday. I do NOT need to get rid of any more chickens!
wee.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!! and 4H is an amazing thing to be a part of!

It's 89°, feels like 97°. I think I should get some outside work done.
thumbsup.gif
it IS 97* right now and 88% humidity! WOOHOOOO

YES it's a duck
ducks take FOREVER to get out of their shells

I might have when I was incubating last November. These were from the hen (it's her first hatch). I am hands off except for keeping it moist.
Great!

I just did something I never should have done; I checked tomorrow's forecast. Heat index going to be worse than today...111* Gee, I can barely contain my enthusiasm.
sickbyc.gif

I guess we've had hotter summers here; I just can't remember them (or don't want to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom