Incubation/hatch question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by journey's end, Oct 16, 2009.

1. journey's end

journey's end Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2009
    Prince Edward Island
    I had 4 jersey giant eggs incubating. I'm on day 23 today. Last night, day 22, one chick hatched. 2 more hatched today. There's still one left. I took it out thinking it was dead. Candled and it's still alive. I'm almost through day 23!! Why hasn't it hatched yet? The temp is a stable 99-99.5. Humidity is fine too.

Is it hopeless for this little guy? Or do jersey giants take a little longer to incubate?

2. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    All chicken eggs take the same amount of days to hatch but in each batch some can take a few days longer than the rest. i would give it a few more days.
    good luck!

3. journey's end

journey's end Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2009
    Prince Edward Island
    The last one pipped! Can't wait for the rest of the day to go by.

4. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Good luck- keep us updated [​IMG]

5. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

great, i want to see those *giant*. [​IMG] when they've hatched of course.

and that's very late and good for your patience they still have a chance.

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Always have patience people!

7. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Congratulations on the chicks [​IMG] Maybe it's a Giant thing...I'm hatching them with you with the same story.1 came out on day 21 like a good chick then 2 in the middle of day 22 and nothing out of the last one so I did a quick peek it was alive so finally last night it pipped and came out-day 23 it's having a hard time getting upright.
    I know it's not a temp thing or a humidity issue-same as I always hatch at Never much luck with real strong and healthy chicks here after 22 days but I'm giving him a chance.
    Good luck on your last ones [​IMG]
    Oh no Giants don't normally take any longer to hatch..these are not my first ones just my longest ones and always the biggest ones [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by