incubation help needed asap!

If the two channels don't maintain the right humidity, you can add damp paper towel, or even better a clean cloth.sponge. This will increase the surface area and the humidity goes up.

As for how long to wait it depends on what happens. If there are eggs moving while you watch, don't open it up. If nothing is seen or heard after day 23 I would candle and check for movement. If any pip, zip or hatch, keep the lid closed until the last one is dry, then candle what ever is left before discarding any late failures.

At this point, your eggs should look pretty much solid black except for the big end where the air cell is.

Stop turning, hands off, only touch it to increase the humidity if required, but normally both water channels is enough.
Ok, we did candle last night. Looks like we have at least 2 developed ones, 1 was a def dud so that one came out. thank you so much!

how many eggs do you have in lock down? did you open the bad one to see why it might of died?
I now have 7 in lockdown. I did not open that one. I didn't see a blood ring or anything. My guess is it wasn't fertile. Some I eggs I crack open do not have the fertile bullseye.

ya, a lot of people dont or wont. guess im just nosy like that. hahah bet your excited huh? i have mine on day 5, long way to go.
very excited! i will be so disappointed if none hatch, especially after all the work and build up! i don't have automatic turner so i rotated by hand! even stayed up late every night just so i could space out the rotations properly! I will feel bad if none hatch! kids and hubby are anxious too! good luck with your hatch! I might go right into another incubation set if this one doesn't work out, and get the rotator from my in laws!

i just got a turner. i have hand turned till now. its like a vacation you didnt know you were getting. lol it also somehow takes some thing away from the anticipation.have you heard or seen anything yet? i have heard of eggs taking 23 days

QUESTION: I have six eggs in a makeshift turner (egg carton over a 3/4 inch PVC pipe. Gives it a good 30 degree tilt. Should I keep them there during lock down(just not turning)?? Been hearing that if the eggs have been upright the entire time I shouldn't move them from that position. Help!!!!!!

are the eggs getting the humidity they need ? i just wonder if the egg is surrounded by carton the water is not.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom