Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

OK Lori - I got it! We are just going to keep our eyes on 9 & 10. Hopefully, 9 will do her thing on her own and we will intervene with 10 tonight if we have to. Got it.

Yes, I agree that the ducks are messy - Claude and Zippy - two ducks - I swear make as much of a mess as the 10 chickens! We just shake out heads...they are hard NOT to love! :)

We'll just keep our eyes on Skippy and Tulip - let me tell you, Tulip is FEISTY! LOL

OK Lori - I got it! We are just going to keep our eyes on 9 & 10. Hopefully, 9 will do her thing on her own and we will intervene with 10 tonight if we have to. Got it.

Yes, I agree that the ducks are messy - Claude and Zippy - two ducks - I swear make as much of a mess as the 10 chickens! We just shake out heads...they are hard NOT to love! :)

We'll just keep our eyes on Skippy and Tulip - let me tell you, Tulip is FEISTY! LOL

LOL, that's good, GOOD SPIRIT IN TULIP. He'll keep you on your toes. LOL... They are so much fun just to watch when they are little like that.

Muscovies are more sensitive to dehydration andd should not go three days without water.

-Kathy

Last edited:
To get mine eating I mix some crumbles in a small container of water and dip their beaks in it. Wet crumbles go rancid pretty quick, so it needs to be changed often.

-Kathy

Skippy and Tulip:

What adorable babies.
love.gif

#10: Pipping on the wrong end!

Kathy: We tried that, and will keep trying. However, boy - the didn't like me doing that! :)

They are very cute! My experience with wrong end pips is limited to three, one chicken chick, one peachick and one duckling. The chicken chick got out on it's own, but the other two died shortly after pipping. FYI, some people say that you should never breed one that pips at the wrong end as it could be hereditary.

-Kathy

They are very cute! My experience with wrong end pips is limited to three, one chicken chick, one peachick and one duckling. The chicken chick got out on it's own, but the other two died shortly after pipping. FYI, some people say that you should never breed one that pips at the wrong end as it could be hereditary.

-Kathy

Interesting! And good to know! After this experience, I don't think I will ever "hatch" Muscovy eggs again! However, if 10 lives, and goes to a new home, I will be sure to pass that information - as well as the fact that she was upside down in the shell - to the next human mom or dad!

Back
Top Bottom