Incubator and Wood Heat Temperature Swings

FlocknRoll: I live in the Tx Panhandle and we don't have heating, we heat w/ 2 woodstoves, one is in the "Sunroom/School Room" the other is in the living room. I recently got ( Saturday ) a 1588 Genesis Hova-Bator and I have it in my room. It's currently around 68 in the living room. But the 'bator is in my bedroom - will it keep a steady 'temp?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Sounds like the incubators aren't nearly as fussy as the instructions would lead you to believe. Unfortunately we have no basement and our house is small with an open floor tplan, sort of one big room with a single loft bedroom. the bathroom is the only room we have with a door
tongue.png
Maybe I could try a space heater in there.

But before I go any further I'm definitely going to try a dry run with an empty incubator and see what I get. Ought to be interesting. Right now the house is a cozy 51F. But it's 17 F outside so who's complaining!
cool.png

i also have the same problem, i want to set up my bator but unsure where to do it..we have aw wood stove too so temps are always really cold (if the stoves not lit) or really warm!

maybe i should put it off till the spring then when the temps a bit more steady?

in the 'outer' rooms its very cold (5 degrees or so?)
in the middle rooms its about 10 degrees when the stove is unlit (night time), or between 25 en 30 when its lit (daytime)

Just did my overnight test with my empty 1588 .... WOW am I impressed with this thing!
thumbsup.gif
I followed the manufacturer's instructions and filled only the middle section of the tray with water and here are the readings I got:

House Temperature: 70.2 F Incubator Temperature: 99.6 F Incubator Humidity: 48%

House Temperature: 54.6 F Incubator Temperature: 99.4 F Incubator Humidity: 47%

Are these temps within the tolerance of a hatching egg? I am going to keep playing with the levels in the water tray to see if I can simulate conditions for a "dry hatch".

Back
Top Bottom